Epilogue 2

4 years later

4 years later

For the last six years I've truly been living. My life changed completely. I got my brother back, I got myself back. And I got Vidyut. I never imagined the life I've lived the last six years to be in the cards for me. I'd only ever seen a bleak existence. But that changed. It changed way too quickly.

Edinburgh. This was where my mother was born. And so I came here in her memory. Mom passed away three years ago. It was stage four leukemia. In her very last days, she spent time with all of us. Even bhaiya forgave her. I don't think he had it in himself to hate a sick women but also, he just wanted to move on. We brought her to Edinburgh in her final days and she was buried here, close to her roots.

That was the first time I saw my father cry. I never understood their story. It's too complicated. I am back in Edinburgh today because I want my mother to be here with me. I want her close. I can resent her for what she did to my brother but I cannot hate her for things she didn't do to me. She was still my mother and she truly loved me.

There is a knock on my door before Veera pokes her head in. "You ready, lover boy?" I chuckle. Very sneaky of her. She smiles in return. I turn around and open my arms wide. "What do you think?"

She walks in with a smile before correcting my tie. I hate tying them plus I am bad at it. She ties it around my neck nicely then pats my shoulder. "Now. You look great." I smile again. I think I never imagined to be here. She takes my elbow and we walk out. It's a very formal, suit and tie event. I even find my brother in a suit. Now that's a big deal. Veera pats my shoulder before going to her seat. My nephew sits beside her, his hair wavy much like my brother's and I notice that his little suit matches that of my brother's too. That's adorable.

The crowd quietens down just as I see Amaira walk down with her arm around Vidyut's. That's when the true reality hits me. I am getting married. Finally. And that too, to the man I love with all my heart. His gaze catches mine and he winks. I almost laugh. He is wearing a charcoal black suit with a white shirt and a bow tie. I wear a jet black suit with white shirt and a regular tie. We didn't really have many options for wedding clothing here in Edinburgh. It was just a variety of black  suits.

Vidyut reaches me, and Amaira walks to her seat beside her two daughters. My brother is my best man while Shivansh is Vidyut's. My father sits beside Veera and looks up happily. I was glad about how accepting he was of us. He welcomed Vidyut like his own son.

The officiant takes our notice and starts the ceremony. "Greetings, all. We are here to mark the beginning of Lakshay and Vidyut's new life. We are gathered here to celebrate these two souls as they embark on this new venture together. If anyone has any objection to this union, speak now or forever hold your peace."

Shaira raises her hand and we all frown. "Will Vidyut chachu still play with me, even after he is married?" Vidyut laughs at his niece. Shaira truly thinks I will kidnap her chachu and never let them see each other again. I nod at her, and she shrugs. "Then it's fine. They can get married."