Epilogue

The glitz and glamor of the show business never dims

The glitz and glamor of the show business never dims. The brightest diamonds among them all for selfish reasons, is my wife. I've spend the last three and a half years with her by my side, and I've loved every second of it.

Glittery gowns, bubbly champagnes, and shining lights surround me at my table. I am seated beside a couple who are so into each other that I for a second wonder if Veera and I act like this. Because if we do, it needs to stop, this is traumatizing for other people. The annual music awards are tonight and I've accompanied my wife to it. This is the first time she is attending.

These awards are invite only and it's the first time that Veera has been nominated. She was so over the moon about the nomination and the invite, she danced around the room for about an hour. The vacant seat beside me moves as my wife sits down on it. She went away to mingle with people for a while and those couple minutes have been horrible for me.

My wife's red dress and a low bun with loose strands framing her face, make her look like a siren, born to allure men into her trap and make them fall in love with her. The show is near its end and the final award of the night is announced. I grab my wife's hand, I know she is nervous so I lean down to whisper in her ear. "Listen Veera, if you don't win then-"

"I know Vivaan. I doesn't matter who wins and we are all winners and being nominated was a big deal on its own."

"What? No. Who tells you that garbage? I am saying if you don't win, then we will kidnap whoever does and steal the award. Okay?" She turns to me with a smile. "Done."

That's my girl.

The lights dim and these people try to create a semblance of suspense. Award shows are unnecessarily dramatic. Like just tell us who won, nobody here wants to deal with this bullshit. The man finally announces the name and my ears ring. I turn to Veera who looks frozen but then within a blink is up from her seat with a jump.

"I won! I won, I won, I won, Vivaan!" I stand up too and she jumps into my awaiting arms. She has grown so much as a singer in the last two years. Her music is my favorite and not because I am married to her or because I love her. But because it's truly good and it deserves the appreciation. My wife walks up the stage like a royal and every eye can't help but to fix on her.

She just won album of the year, and with that, alot of people's love. She smiles and thanks everyone who has helped her with the music, before her eyes finally fall on me. "And Vivaan, you are the words I put my music in and the heart I put my love in. Thank you for everything you've done for me. I wouldn't be here today without you. I love you."

My sweet pineapples. Always so poetic. Well not as much as me but still enough. The light she radiates never dims. Veera might not be the sweet girl everyone expected her to be, but she is a good person. She is a rational person. And I love her more for it, every single day.

Home seems like an alluring thought after the long evening we've had here. Veera tugs at my collar, making it presentable, along with dusting some invisible dirt off my suit jacket. We pose for the cameras, the flashes nearly blinding me. This is why I don't fucking go to my own exhibitions. I hate paparazzi and media and everyone else. But Veera likes it, so here I am acting like I don't want to break every single camera so they stop burning my eyes.