21. Beg for her

I bang on the door so hard it might as well fall off its hinges

I bang on the door so hard it might as well fall off its hinges. He opens the door groggily, just in his shorts. Can't this idiot sleep in more clothing so we can get the fuck out. "You sleep in jeans?" Fucking dumbass. Why did I even come to him?

"Get dressed, and be fucking quick or I'll drag you out of here."

"But why?"

"You remember the guy that kidnapped you? Well he has got Veera now. And I want my wife back." His eyes widen, any traces of sleep vanishing and he turns to put clothes on. "Should we call the police?"

"What the fuck do they ever do? They are plain useless." I had simply gotten out of bed because my phone had blared on my bedside table. The asshole called me to taunt. I should've known it was a cover to somehow get into my house and kidnap my wife.

Fucking asshole. Veera seemed so tired on the five second call he let me have. I could hear her stomach grumble even through the cell. How hungry she must be. How hungry our child must be. And that fucker took her to starve her to death. Lakshay comes out the door in a minute and we are both out the door and in the car before we know it.

"Shouldn't we have some weapons or backup or something?" He is growing brains, good to know. "We do have weapons." I point at the backseat and his eyes widen again. There are a couple guns and a few knives of different sizes.

"Where the fuck did you get this stuff?" Well I pulled it out from under my flooring, just remove a couple tiles and voila! There it is. I shrug at him and we both see the warehouse come into view. This was where Lakshay was held captive. This was where I carved Prashant a month ago. And this is where Veera is. This place is plain gross. How the hell is she even managing here?

We step out with our choice of weapon and walk in to greet old memories. He stands there, like the piece of crap that he is. He smiles at the both of us. Greeting us like his children are back from holidays. "My boys! You've both grown so much."

"And you've gotten old and rusty. You sure you should still be doing this shit?" Well that was surprising. If I wasn't caught up in getting my wife out of here first, I would've hugged Lakshay. He is doing great. The old man infront of us however, keeps smiling.

"I see you've gotten witty. Good for you Lakshay. And what of you Vivaan? How have you been?"

"Cut the crap, Chaudhary. We are not here for your amusement. The fight was between you and I. You shouldn't have dragged my wife into this." His face falls faster than lightning. His snarl made me wonder if he was even human.

"You dragged my son into this first. You killed him. Nishant was my precious boy and you murdered him." Said Nishant was a sociopath. Nobody misses him, I did the planet a favor by killing him.

"So you kidnapped my wife to make it even? You want to kill my child because I killed yours? Have more dignity than that Chaudhary. Your son was a monster. My child isn't even born. If you want to fight someone, atleast have the balls to come for me."