Bonus Chapter

Social gatherings are hideous, but my son has taken after his uncle

Social gatherings are hideous, but my son has taken after his uncle. Yuvaan loves books, any kind and so he has dragged me to a book convention. He roams around the area and comes back to me with three books in his hand. Lakshay sits beside me and smiles proudly. I sometimes think he wants to steal my child, he always acts so cozy with my son.

"That's all you want?" I point at the books in Yuvaan's hand and he nods. Lakshay takes the books to see what my son has chosen. His eyes widen at the first book and he puts it in my hand. "This is a horror book, enough to give people nightmares for a week." He looks at the other book, rolls his eyes and puts it in in my hand as well. "Too much blood and gore." Then he places the third book on top of the previous two. "And this is pure porn. Congratulations, your son is turning into a psychopath, just like you."

"I will skin you alive if you call my son a psychopath again." My brother narrows his eyes before turning to my son. "Can't you read books that a normal fourteen year old would? Like Nancy Drew or something?" Yuvaan shakes his head and points at the books in my lap. "I want those." Very well then. I've always given him what he wants, I cannot refuse now.

I see a familiar face. The girl same age as Yuvaan walking around with a bored face and a boy following her around. She hasn't seen us but she is close. "Shaira!" Her eyes snap to us and slowly but steadily a smile blossoms up. She runs to me and wraps her arms around. "Uncle Vivaan!" I hug the girl back and look at the boy a little farther away, still waiting for her.

"I didn't know you would be here." She says after pulling away and I raise a brow. "You didn't think your brother would drag me to a book convention." That's when she sighs. "Who is that weirdo behind you?" She doesn't have to turn to know. "He isn't a weirdo, he is just, very determined." Aww, someone has a crush. The boy comes closer and waves at us all. Hmm. Well atleast he has guts.

"You can't flirt with my niece or follow her around like an abandoned puppy." The boy looks startled at my direct approach, good, but then he narrows his eyes at me. Very ballsy. "Her father didn't mind." Ofcourse he didn't, he is too busy analyzing people to take actions, I don't understand Shivansh, just as he says he doesn't understand me. And that says something about him, he is a psychiatrist, it's his job to understand people.

"I am not her father. I am not tolerating any of this." Yuvaan looks bored before he turns to the boy. "That's right. He is my father, and he will squash you faster than a bug, kid."

"You shut up Yuvaan." My son looks at me like I punched him in the gut but he doesn't say anything. Shaira nods at the boy softly and he finally leaves. Well, okay.

"Shaira." Oh boy. The girl looks to my left.

"Lakshay chachu." Yeah, they have some beef. Not much. And it's honestly hilarious. "How is Vidyut chachu?

"Why do you talk as if I keep him locked in a room?"

"Your words not mine." Oh damn. This girl is going places. She turns to leave. "I am here on a school trip, I can't be gone for long. Bye, uncle Vivaan, bye Yuvaan, bye chachu." Now the thing is that she waves at us but stands in front of Lakshay. "I am letting you off the hook because you are pretty." My brother smiles and Shaira looks victorious. "Annoying. You didn't let me finish. Pretty annoying, and I have a long day ahead."