"Teen Parent? Shame on you."

"Mommy, Mommy! Can we go to the park?"

You groan as you roll over in bed. There was your five-year-old, pulling on your covers with the biggest puppy-dog eyes you had ever seen. For the past two weeks, she had been begging to go on the new playground that had been built. You felt bad. Your online night classes had been taking away precious time to spend with your daughter. And even when you asked your parents for help to babysit, they refused to have anything to do with their "irresponsible teenage daughter." It didn't matter if you said that it was an accident or you couldn't get away from the man, to them it was all the same—their daughter got pregnant and shamed their family.

And now, after working overtime just to pay the bills that her father refused to help with, you were looking forward to sleeping in on your day off. But your little girl had other plans.

"Alright, Sweet Pea. Give Mommy fifteen minutes."

~

All the troubles and complaints seemed to melt away as you watched your daughter smile and hear her laugh as she slide down the slide. Her ignorant bliss of your pain and suffering was the antidote you needed to find your own bliss, to find some comfort and peace from your hectic life. And it seemed like she found a few friends, all blonde and seemingly related.

"Sasha, wait for me!" she cried out, as she chased a boy, a year younger than her.

You were caught up watching the kids play tag that you didn't see a stranger sit next to you on the bench.

"Seems like they've made a friend," a smooth voice says. You turn, greeted by a man with curly, blackish-brown hair, indeterminable colored eyes, and a sharp jawline.

"It appears so. Your kids seem so happy."

"Oh, they're not mine."

"Oh, alright." You both turn back to the kids. Sensing your embarrassment, the stranger glances back at you a bit before turning back around.

"You know what the best thing about little kids are?" You don't answer, afraid to do so. "They don't care about each other's past. They only care about how they can have the most fun, regardless of what situation they're in." Color comes to your cheeks, getting his point as you keep your head down. But when he takes his hand in yours, your head shoots back up and looks into his eyes.

"It's still pretty early. If I get permission to babysit for a couple more hours, why don't we take the kids for lunch? I'd love to hear more about you, not the thing you think defines you."