"Clumsy"

Not again!

You try to catch yourself as you, for the fourth time today, succumb to gravity and come crashing down.  The first three times hadn't been so successful.  First, you fell face forward onto the stone-tiled floors, not seeing your .  The second time had been a fall backwards on a sheet of black ice as you raced to beat a parking meter.  The third, you hadn't seen your cat as you went to go down the stairs, so when it startled you, you had gone and fallen down the whole flight.

But now this time, even though you were able to catch yourself on the hall table, there went a frame--holding the picture of you and Tom on your wedding day--crashing onto the floor and shattering.

And even on that day, you had tripped over your own dress and had fallen into the aisle.

You never understood it, how Tom could deal with your two left feet.  You first date at the cinema, you had split the popcorn on the way to your seat.  Second date, you were late, having lost your car keys.  First dinner date at a restaurant, you had gone and spilled wine all over his white shirt.  When he had proposed, you were so shocked, you had kicked his leg, making him go from down on one knee to just simply down.

You feared for your first child.  If you were so accident prone, who's to say that won't stop during or after your pregnancy?  As far as you knew, you were accident prone.

You had just begun to look for the broom when you heard the keys in the door. His iconic laughter filled the hall.

"Darling, not another one."

"I'm sorry.  These stupid feet of mine."  As you get the broom, there went the other cleaning supplies, all scattered on the floor.  Absolutely frustrated, you fall to your knees, crying into your hands.

Why am I such a clutz?

Tom's chuckles die down as he sees your pain.  Kneeling beside you, he dries your face with his hands.

"(Y/N), I was just..." His voice fades as he sees your eyes puffing before his eyes and becoming more crimson by the second.

"Why do you even put up with me?" you get out in barely a whisper.  "I break everything I touch."

"No you don't, my love," he comforts kissing your cheek.  "You still hold my heart steady." His lips meet your forehead before holding you close to him, listening to his gentle heartbeat get stronger and stronger for you.  "You always have."