| Chapter Thirty One |

Torchkye was silent with the first whispers of sunrise when Iliya appeared in the Wyving compartment

Without sleeping, the ride was shaky and disorienting, leaving her gasping for breath. She stood quickly and dusted off her dress assuming there would be others around, but the facility was empty.

With a flash of light Noah appeared behind her, walking as if the entire trip was a doorway from one destination to another. He smirked at her breathlessness.

"You need to get out more," he chuckled.

Iliya grumbled and shoved into his arm. "Like you're one to talk."

"I'm the appointed Diplomat for Azuris, you know," Noah said, raising a brow. "I've been Wyving since your mother took the throne."

She tipped her head, considering his words. She'd never asked. "Diplomat?"

He laughed again. "Did you think I just followed Sorein around for fun?"

Iliya's cheeks heated. "I wasn't sure to be honest," she said, scratching the back of her neck. "I didn't know humans could Wyve until today either."

Noah smirked, his shoulders squaring proudly like a cat. "They can't, but being an immortal does have its benefits. My body can withstand fast travel."

"Oh," Iliya hummed, smiling. "That's fascinating. Is there anything else you're capable of?"

He thought for a moment, his brows pulling together. "No one has asked me that before, I suppose I'd never bothered to test the theories," he said. "I can wield weapons crafted by the Gods, I've been allowed to touch a few. But other than that, I don't know."

She found it hard to believe he'd never tried anything, Iliya knew she would have been testing her thoughts all over in his shoes. Though, she didn't know his story or why he'd been so secretive for so long.

Her lips pursed in thought as they walked out of the building and into the less than comforting streets of Torchkye.

She watched Noah edge a step in front of her, his gate friendly and warm with a menacing edge. So friendly it was terrifying.

"You do realize I am trained just as thoroughly as any Guard, right?" Iliya asked, her gaze sliding over the shaded strangers bickering down an alley. They didn't seem to miss her presence though, pausing to stare as she passed. She swallowed uncomfortably and continued.

Noah snorted, choking down a laugh. "Ah, yes. Though I don't suppose you're shaking because it's cold outside?"

She grinned her sharp white teeth in his direction, licking the points of her canines. "Would you like to find out?"

"Oh, I really am going to like you," he answered, laughing and resting a hand on her shoulder. "But you'd be surprised, your highness."

Iliya raised a brow, crossing her arms.