| Acknowledgements |

Now is the moment I've been craving for 3 years.

When I first got the idea for The Obsidian Marks, I'd been in a rut since 2020. After finishing my Dystopian novel, I'd fallen out of love with my imagination and was going through too much at the time to conceive of better ideas. My depression began creeping up on me – ironically not due to covid – and I lost myself in work.

The Obsidian Marks is more than a passion project to me, it reminded me of all the reasons I love what I do.

Between giving these Characters a home and bringing them to life, I love the ability to bring people together and make them feel things. I think it's important to write characters with flaws, people who feel real. I love sharing a secret getaway. This is my happy place.

Okie dokie. Enough with the sappy.

Maybe.

First and foremost, I'm grateful and so blessed for my partner, Keirdan. From watching me spend six months writing in depth plot ladders to talking out plot holes, editing, and supporting me when I'm afraid to push myself, LoneShipSailing has always supported me. He has never given up on me, and I could never, ever be more grateful than I am for him.

I'm also very grateful to both family and friends who have come together to support me. My parents believed in me no matter what, even when my craft ate into our lives. My friends trusted me enough to know I loved them no matter the absence I sometimes left.

Now, to Cross-Warrior, my closest friend, my biggest WP supporter, and an incredible support system. This girl has literally read everything I've ever written– even the crap. No matter what, she was there in the thick of it. Even when I left Wattpad and came back. I am so grateful for you, Love. Thank you for everything.

A wonderful shout out to Wimbug whose love and support meant the world to me even though she was incredibly busy. I'm still so grateful you've been there through every book.

neverfakeit, Morgan, you are one of the best things that ever happened to me. You have taught me so much, but you really truly taught me to believe in myself. Thank you for choosing me for bootcamp. Thank you for taking the time to love and support me. Thank you for believing in me. I won't take it for granted and I will carry everything I've learned for the rest of my life. Not to mention an incredible friend.

MsCatarina, I love you. Seriously. You're five seconds from the first climax of the story and you were the first person to choose me as a partner in the book club. Your comments are some of my greatest treasures. You are the first true shipper of Soriya. Thank you so much.

MiyaHikari, eatingher_words, and allrenwrote; I never knew I would walk into this and discover some of the best friends I've ever found on this website. Book club has been a blast and your support means the world to me. Not to mention your hilarious comments.

To any and all of my Dreamland family who have either made it this far or simply given TOM a try, thank you.

A huge shout out to the Astansia book club as well! I'm very excited to participate further in the future.

Last but absolutely not least, Thank you to all of my wonderful silent readers. I won't be shouting you out– I'm looking at you CC and User – because you never commented. But you both made my day on numerous occasions. Voting as soon as you see an update and even finishing to the bitter end. You were always there for me, lurking in the shadows. I appreciate all of my sneaky readers, I'd be nowhere without you.

Now! Before we go! I have a couple questions.

》 If I were going to write a Novella based on one character's origin story, who would you like to read?

》Who is your Favorite Character?

》Least Favorite Main Character?

》What are you looking forward to in the Sequel?

》Do you have a favorite scene? If so, what?

》What was the most meaningful moment/biggest takeaway?

》Who would you want to be stranded on an Island with?

》Which country or location was your favorite?

》Any Suggestions?

Fun Facts!!

》Sorein's original love interest was Kealie Gothalis (from Scaling Moss and Stone)

》Therisi is a combination of Irish, Welsh, and Latin.

》Because of Fae culture, Iliya's last name would be Ravellier if she chose to accept her heritage.

》Jeremy does in fact prefer men.

》Rhydian is next in line to rule Tae'Rainne, however he defected to Chiori Faire after the events at Mt. Agonii.

》Seinen was originally the big bad of this Novel.

》This book started because of dreams I was having.

》I have several deleted scenes – an entire folder of them – for bonus content when we hit milestones.

So What's Next???

These Ivory Swords will be published on September 1st and updated through the NaNoWriMo season.

Scaling Moss and Stone is an ONC Novella containing fragments of Nixian's origin story and telling the tale of his sister Kealie. This Novella is complete and available on my profile if you'd like to see more of this universe.

The Ruin Within Remedies is my current #JustWriteIt project and I would appreciate any support I can come by!!

If you would like to support me as an author or simply enjoyed The Obsidian Marks here is the link to my Kofi: https://ko-fi.com/ariabrynn

Now for one last time; Thank you all so so so so so much for reading TOM. Writing this book has been an absolute delight and I am so grateful for each and every single click, vote, and comment I've every received. Thank you all so much, I'll see you in the next book!