Chapter 10

Inside Fable's opulent suite, the soft glow of neon lights bathes the room as she slips into her stunning dress, crafted from shimmering fabric that seems to change color as it moves. She joins a video call withSaylor and Jazz, their holographic images flickering into existence before her.

"Richie's been found," Jazz announces, her voice edged with relief.

"Good. I hope he pays for what he did," Fable responds, her tone icy. "How's my little girl?"

Saylor's face lights up, her eyes shimmering with excitement. "I'm okay! I can't wait to see you on TV tonight, Mom! Are you going to win?"

Fable hesitates, glancing at Jazz, who gives her a subtle nod. Smiling reassuringly at her daughter, she replies, "You bet'cha."

"You're wearing it!" Saylor chirps, her holographic image waving energetically.

"Of course!" Fable says, her heart swelling with love as she holds up a unicorn pendant around her neck. "It's going to be with me always to remind me of you."

Just then, Fable's manager strides into the room, the door hissing open to admit him. "It's almost time," he informs her, his voice tinged with urgency.

"I'll be thinking about you, sweetheart. Mommy has to go. I love you," Fable says, blowing a kiss toward the hologram.

"I love you too!" Saylor exclaims as the call ends, her image dissolving into thin air.

Fable's smile fades, and her eyes betray her anxiety as she gazes at the spot where her daughter's image once stood.

Meanwhile, Hannibal sits in a sleek hover car, its exterior adorned with glowing lines that trace its contours. He engages in a hologram call with Hermes. "Remember what we talked about, Hannibal," Hermes reminds him, her face stern.

"Yes ma'am," Hannibal replies, his voice firm. As the call ends, his confident smile fades. He wipes the sweat from his face with a towel and snorts a line of cocaine, seeking solace in the temporary rush it provides.

In another hover car, Nova and Venus watch through the tinted windows as Valkyries and their managers walk the red carpet, waving at the crowds while reporters snap photos. The vehicle lands in front of the red carpet, its thrusters humming softly. Venus turns to Nova, her eyes glittering with excitement. "Just smile and wave," she advises, her voice a practiced whisper.

As they step out, the barrage of camera flashes overwhelms Nova. She blinks, holding her hands up to shield her eyes. Venus, ever the consummate professional, smiles and waves. Nova attempts to mimic her, but she wobbles in her towering heels. Venus grabs her arm for support, her grip steady and firm.

"Here, just walk with me at my pace before you embarrass yourself," Venus chides gently, her words tinged with amusement.

As they strut down the red carpet, a reporter calls out to Nova. "Hey, Nova! How about a picture?"

Confused, she looks to Venus, who sighs and leans in. "Put your hands on your hips and lean," she instructs, her voice a soft hiss.

Following her mentor's guidance, Nova strikes a pose that captures the attention of the eager reporter. Together, they continue their journey down the red carpet and into the building.

Back at Nova's house, Atira and Gaia sit in the living room, the glow of the television casting flickering shadows on their faces as they watch

As Gaia curiously watches the scene, Atira stands behind her, a shadow of worry flickering across her face. Catching her daughter's glance, Atira's expression transforms into a subtle smile, masking her concern with practiced ease.