Chapter 3: The Beast needs some help with Beauty

Junior was happy that Mr. Wooden-Doll was alive but still had many questions about how he came to be. He wanted answers but would hold out until he absolutely needed them; for now, he was glad to have a friend.

He made his way to the garden to look for some piranha plants. This garden was more of an indoor nursery with plants they had gathered from other kingdoms that didn't want to grow in the Darklands. The few that did succeed in growing in the Darkland and Boswer loved to grow were the piranha plants. Junior knew that since he couldn't breathe fire and couldn't ask his dad or grandpa to do magic for him, he thought that the best way to do it was with a Fire piranha plant.

"Here," he said, putting Luigi on one of the tables with many different plants. Junior started to look at the label his dad put on the pot to see what type of piranha it was; it was a shame that his dad didn't have a green one to make this easier.

"You have a garden in the fortress?" Luigi asks, looking at the Fire and Ice flowers next to him.

"Dad said that it's more of a nursery than a garden." Junior started, still looking, "But we do have a garden back home! It has a lot of plants, my favorite is the peach tree that dad planted to cheer up the Princess...she doesn't really like it...." Junior stopped, still thinking about what she had said to him. He felt like crying again.

"Hey, Junior...look at me," Luigi started softly, waiting for Junior to look at him. Once Junior turns around, he sees Luigi's arms out to make it look like he wants to be picked up or hug Junior. Junior returned to him, placing his chain on the table so Luigi could embrace his head. It was odd, but Junior needed that hug - he even cupped Luigi. That way, he could hug him back.

"The Princess is just scared. Her anger isn't at you, so don't let her words hurt you. I'm sure she would be less scared and angry if she felt at home." Luigi said as he rubbed Junior's head. This got Junior thinking; what can he do to make her less sacred?

"And how do I do that? I think she only wants to go back to the mushroom kingdom..." he said, trying to think of what she would like to make her happy.

"Have you tried tea?" Luigi ask

"No"

"Then there you go! She loves tea, it helps her relax! Since we're in a garden, what kind of flowers do you have that are pink and white?"

Junior looks around, moving to the window to the ordinary flower and not the power-up. He spotted a pot with pink lilies and carried them to Luigi's table. He ran back to grab some chamomile and did the same thing as Luigi cut some lilies off.

"Is that Chamomile?" he asked. Junior looks at the label.

"It is! Is that good?" Junior ask, a bit confused

"It's perfect, you can make it into a tea." Luigi explained. "Go to the kitchen and get me these things: a teapot with hot water, a jar of honey, a thin cup for the flowers and some cookies."

"Teapot, honey, cup, and cookies. Got it," Junior said, running to the kitchen to get the items. As Junior left, Luigi made a small bouquet of lilies and chamomile for Princess Peach. Once done with it, he got some more chamomile to make the tea.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Your nastiness, We'll be back in the Darkland in about a day," Kamek said as Bowser sat at his desk, trying to force on his work. However, he couldn't do that, not after what happened yesterday. The relationship between Him and Peach is an odd one to say at this time. Initially, he wanted to marry Peach; that way, he could have someone to help rule the Darkland, and Junior could have a mother. It still is the plan, more or less, to marry a royal and give Junior a mother, and Peach is still the best option. However, the routine of kidnapping her and Mario coming to destroy his castle has become more of a headache over the last year.