Chapter 12: Heart to Heart Talk

Bowser took Luigi to a part of his castle packed to the brim with Koopas. Luigi was scared as he saw so many of them since he tried to avoid the large crowds. He only ever saw this many during the morning rush, and even then, he would stay in Junior's room. He wanted to ask Bowser some questions about where they were going, but he didn't want to set him off either.

He didn't need to ask them as he got glimpses of rooms that they passed by. It was as if this whole area was just for building and repairs. He saw Koopa building armor, weapons, flying ships, and even smaller stuff like tools and parts. They also had repair rooms where they fixed these things up; those rooms were quieter than those with banging hammers. The further they walked down, the less Koopa they saw until they were in a dark room.

"Where are we?" Luigi asks, waiting for some sort of light to come on.

"The Kong calls it a garage, so I borrow the name. Like the name better than the tunnel," Bowser said as he took a deep breath. He soon let a breath of fire out to light some torches. Luigi fell out of Bowser's hand because he feared Bowser's fire would burn him. He soon saw different cars and bikes; he couldn't believe Bowser had so many. Even the two Clown Cars that he and Junior use. Soon they walked over to a lower car with no roof and its engine sticking out. It was yellow with some green flame painted on it, and one of its doors, Bowser's logo on it.

"I call this one Flame Flyer. Nice, isn't it?' Bowser said, placing his hand on the handle and opening the door for Luigi.

"More of a kart person myself, but it is nice," Luigi said, polite and respectful, as he tried to jump into the car, but he still couldn't get in even with it low to the ground. Bowser picked him up and placed him in the passenger seat while he sat in the driver's seat.

"Those tiny things? Yeah no, this is a real car." Bowser said as he started it. "Now hold on, let's go get Peach!" And soon buck it, a small scream could be heard as they left the tunnel.

"Princess Peach," Kamek said as he entered the kitchen, seeing Junior and Peach eating some pudding.

"Oh! Grandpa! Come have some pear pudding cake! It's so good!" Junior yelled in excitement.

"Soon, Junior. I have to do my job first," Kamek giggled before turning to Peach. "Bowser wishes to see you."

"Oh? What for?" She asked awkwardly. After the encounter with Kamek, she was a bit awkward around him. Maybe Bowser wanted to talk to her and Kamek about what she told him about Kamek. Or maybe Kamek is just trying to talk to her alone by saying that Bowser wanted to speak to her. Either way, she was anxious.

"He wants to take you on a ride, or in his words 'have a little race'. He's waiting outside for you, your bike is also ready."

"Oh! Can I go too?!" Junior said as he jumped out of his chair, already making a beeline to the door.

"Not so fast, mister," Kamek said, stopping Junior, "this is just between the adults, besides our friend is with your dad," Kamek whispered that last part to Junior, which got a smile on his face.

"Oh okay! Then I'll clean up the kitchen with your help, grandpa! Mama, you should go." Junior said as Peach raised a brow. She could see that they were planning something but didn't know what.

"Alright, I'll go for now," Peach said suspiciously, eyeing the two. She left to go to her room quickly; she loved her dress but wouldn't ride in it, so a quick change before anything else. It was fast since it was just a white jumpsuit with some pink on it that she put on. She also put her hair in a ponytail as she headed to the castle's front door. Once outside, she saw Bowser hanging out in a long car low to the ground, with flames on its side that matched his colors, her bike next to his. He looks relaxed as he lays back in his seat, and his arm hangs over his door.