Chapter 6: A Beast Anger

Bowser sat at his piano, his finger on autopilot as he kept playing the same song over and over again. Mario once again had come and defeated him, as is the norm at this point, and to add insult to injury, Junior had watched the whole thing. Just seeing Junior's face turn from him rooting for Bowser to utter heartbreak that Peach was leaving once again made Bowser feel so weak. His fingers stop as Junior's face pops up again, and him letting out a sigh. Kamek pops out of thin air on his broom as if Bowser sighing was his cue to come to see him.

"Your nastiness! Your nastiness!" Kamek yelled; Bowser turned around to the sudden exhilaration in his voice as he continued, "Princess Peach has sent you a letter!"

"She did?!" he yelled, knocking over the piano stool as he stood up. "Head it over!" Peach was rescued just a few days ago, and this was the first time that she was sending a letter first. So this was by far the most heart-pounding experience he has ever had. As he read, his heartbeat slowed down. His face of disappointment came on as he read that she was sending the cost of the damage, followed by asking that he not kidnap her for the next four months since she wouldn't be in the Mushroom Kingdom. He couldn't help but rip the letter in half in a fit of rage before throwing it on the floor.

"My boy-"

"DON'T CALL ME THAT!" Bowser roared at him, making Kamek bow.

"I'm sorry, your nastiness. I-"

"STOP!" He roared again, "Don't call me that either! Just- Just get out!" he yelled, turning away from Kamek. Kamek had a frown on his face, seeing his King and child in so much distress. Kamek simply patted Bowser's shoulder, letting him know that if he changed his mind and wanted to talk, he just had to call him, and in a puff of smoke, Kamek was gone.

Bowser stood still until he looked around the room, wanting to let his anger out. He walked past the instruments to the door since he wasn't going to smash any of those, but the door was far game. He pulled back and punched right through the door as if it was nothing. Then he grabbed hold of it, yanking on it with a force that the hinges started to pull out of the wall. When the hinges came off, Bowser moved backward; the door swung as it hit a gong, making it fall over. Once balanced, Bowser grabs it by its side, lifting it over his head. Then, with a slight running start, he threw it against the hallway wall, smashing it even more as it broke on impact. He let out smoke from his mouth as he watched the door pieces burn from the lava river that ran before storming down the hall.

His anger is still on the rampage.

"Careful, careful, careful! Careful, Junior, care-!" Luigi yelled as a bag of nut flour fell on top of him. Junior is standing on a wobbling stool, holding onto some ingredients.

"Ah! Are you ok, Luigi?!" Junior yelled, almost falling as he balanced himself.

"Mhm!" Luigi sounded as he waved his free arm. He even tried pushing it off, but it didn't work. Junior jumped off the stool onto the counter, knocking it over as he dropped more ingredients. He placed whatever he had in his arm on the ground and moved over to take the flour off of Luigi. He shook his head, taking a deep breath.

"Mamma mia, thank you Junior." Luigi said, taking deep breaths.

"Sorry about that, I'll be more careful," Junior said, putting the flour down before helping Luigi up.

"It's fine. I was more scared of you falling."

Junior and Luigi had watched the fight between Bowser and Mario several days ago. Peach waved goodbye to Junior as Mario took her away. Junior was upset but was more upset that his father was sad, so he wanted to cheer him up. So Luigi suggested they make Bowser some sugar plum candy to cheer him up, which is why they were in the kitchen. It didn't take much to make them, so Luigi thought it was a quick pick-me-up; he never thought that it would cause him so much worry.