Chapter 32: The Rat King Knows, And So Does The Beauty and The Beast

When Gimmly came back, he went straight to Treacherous Mansion. He knew he couldn't talk to the others for fear that they may warn Neville, so he looked for King Boo's rightful subjects to locate King Boo. The Boo love Treacherous Mansion as they float in larger groups than the other Mansions, but this doesn't mean King Boo was always there.

"Have you seen King Boo?" Grimmly asks, but most Boo ignores him as they play their games and tell their jokes. He keeps asking the same question till a Boo answers him.

"We're in the middle of a game here," said a cranky Boo after she got annoyed with Gimmly, going back to her game with her friend.

"He's most likely in his room, hehe," said the Little Boo, passing by as he floated over to a scared looking one.

"He's not in the best of moods," warned the scared Boo as he and the Little Boo left Treacherous Mansion. Grimmly gulped as he heard that, but he needed to see King Boo before Neville saw him.

King Boo, however, wasn't in the mood to see anyone unless it was Neville. Neville had left, only leaving a message with Madame Clairvoyant that he would keep an eye on Biff Atlas and Grimmly, but this pissed him off because this was Neville doing whatever he wanted, which was unacceptable. Even if it's to make sure everything was going to plan.

"M-my King? May I come i-in?" called a voice that King Boo hiss out. He knew who that voice was and wasn't in the mood to talk to him, but King Boo sent him on a job, and now he has to listen.

"What are you doing back here so soon!?" King Boo said as Grimmly floated into this room. It hadn't been that long since King Boo sent him away to keep an eye on the Clockwork Soldiers. It was bothersome to think this useless coward was back without any real news.

"I have news, M-My King. it's about your right-hand man." When King Boo heard it was about Neville, his attitude changed from annoyance to curiosity.

"Oh? What is this about?" King Boo said as Gimmly moved close to him, looking around like this was a secret he didn't want anyone else to hear. He cupped his mouth as if he was going to whisper it in King Boo's ear when he spoke.

"Your right-hand man is in cahoots with your beloved nutcracker. He told him about the Koopas. And it's not just him, but so is Madame Clairvoya. She lied to you about her reading, but now it would change because of what Neville told your beloved." Gimmly whispered, backing away from King Boo as his face was dumbfounded. King Boo didn't say a word; he only went over to a table that had wine glasses and a bottle of wine and poured himself a drink. He only took a sip as the sweet, rich flavor of the wine made him start laughing.

"He. hehehehe hahahahaHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHH!" King Boo yells as he throws not just his glass but the whole table. It all made sense now. How Luigi got out of his cage all those years ago, how he wasn't first noticed when they visited Bowser, Neillve was so shocked when they found him, and how he instead was the one on top of finding him back then. He wanted to be in charge of keeping Luigi away from him. He wants Luigi far away from his home. King Boo was seeing red at this point as he turned to Gimmly, who had hidden behind a chair.

"What the hell did he tell Luigi?!" King Boo hiss as he floats over to him.

"H-h-he told him t-that a Koopa w-would scoop him up on the 25th d-day. That he needs to s-stay inside t-till it has passed. H-he also said t-that when M-Madame Clairvoya does her r-reding, he'll visit L-Luigi to warn him of w-what to come." Gimmly explains as he stays hidden behind the chair and watches King Boo's eyes fill with even more anger.

They lied to my face! King Boo thought as he floated back and forth in his room. It had only been 19 days, meaning that he could have had Luigi back in 6 days if Neville hadn't betrayed him. Now, King Boo would have to wait longer. He thought of what to do. King Boo needed to get rid of Neville to make his plan work, but now with Luigi having an inside of what's going on, it would be odd if he didn't show up.