Chapter 38: Code Name 1-Up

Junior watches in silence as Waluigi and Wario join him. They watch from the balcony as Bowser and Luigi laugh while having a picnic in the garden. The days have gotten colder, but that didn't stop them from having their alone time in the garden during the day when Bowser takes some time off to relax. However, Junior has started to take these moments to make a new plan that he ropes Waluigi and Wario to help him with.

"For two who are clearly in love with each other they don't seem to catch the hints." Waluigi said, sitting on the stone fencing as he watched down at them.

"Honestly, it's kinda cute. Me and Daisy were the same way at first," Wario said, leading against it as he remembered the first few months of him hanging out with Daisy.

"Can we focus on the plan right now?" Junior reminds them. The plan was simple. Learn what Dad likes about Papa. That way, Papa can have an easier time winning his heart. Of course, Junior was doing this behind Bowser and Luigi's back, but anything to help them fall in love faster.

"Please. I don't need to listen to this story again," Waluigi said as he rolled his eyes. He didn't need to hear how Wario and Daisy started to date for the hundredth time. At this rate, he can retell it to anyone who asks, telling the story down to the tiny details at this point.

"The way that me and Daisy fell in love is sweet and wholesome and I will tell that story every time I get a chance!" Wario yelled as he waved his fist at Waluigi. He loves to tell that story, which annoys him whenever Waluigi tries to change the topic.

"Shhh!" Junior hushed them, an annoyed look on his face, "You're going to blow our cover!"

"Sorry," they both said, returning to what was happening below them. Bowser and Luigi clearly didn't see them as they were too busy making what looked like flower crowns. They were in their own world, taking bites of their food, and Luigi showed Bowser how to create the flower crowns. This was the closest thing the three had seen of them being on a date as they were doing their own things in different parts of the castle. The three try to get them to tell them more, but Bowser and Luigi are keeping their mouths shut. The three were just glad that Bowser and Luigi were awful at hiding their facial expressions, as the way they started looking lost and in love was a dead giveaway.

"What are you three doing?" a voice behind them said, scaring the boys.

"Ah!" they scream, turning around to see Daisy behind them with Peach giggling in the background.

"Peach, Daisy, what are you two up too?" Waluigi asked as he got off the fence.

"I can ask the same thing. You two better not be causing trouble," Daisy warned them as she waved her finger at Waluigi and Wario.

"We're not! We're just watching Dad and Papa," Junior told her as he defeated them. Peach had also walked up closer to them.

"Oh! We just saw them in the garden. It's quite sweet to see how that's coming along." Peach said, happy that Bowser had finally found someone he could form a relationship with. Daisy nodded to Peach's comment, glad to see the big guy being happy for once. She will admit that she thought Bowser was pulling her leg, but after the weekly tea party that she, Peach, and Bowser were having, it was a nice change of pace. Not to mention that Luigi was talkative with her, telling her things he may not have told anyone else. So, for the two princesses to see how close those two were, it brought a smile to their faces. It also gives them a bit of gossip to say to each other as they get some new ideas to help Bowser win Luigi's heart.

"Indeed!" Kamek said as he floated on his broom with Mario walking beside him.

"Grandpa? And Mario? What are you two doing together?" Junior asks. He can understand why the princesses were together and how they ended up with them as this hall is connected to the garden, but why were Mario and Kamek together?