Chapter 8: Be Our Guest

"Apologize!"

"I'm only looking out for you, Daisy!"

"By insulting my fiance and trying to ruin my wedding planning!? You can be such a jackass sometimes, Mario!"

"Language!"

"Guys, please, let's just talk about this..."

"NO!" They both yell simultaneously.

"Peach, if Mario doesn't apologize in a week, I'm uninviting him. Hell, I'll even get a new maid of honor if that makes you put your boy toy in place!"

"Go right ahead! I'll pack right now! I'm not going to watch you marry a criminal!"

"Wario isn't a criminal!"

"He is too!"

Peach let out a sigh. That thickheaded fight between those two still plays in her head, even after a good three weeks since then. Of course, it didn't help when she and Mario returned to the Mushroom Kingdom.

"I can't believe you! All you had to do was say sorry!"

"I'm not going to apologize! Both he and his brother have a track history of all the awful things they'd done. Did you forget when they stole my identity to make some gold coins and tried to ruin my name!"

"No, I didn't but-"

"But nothing! They haven't changed!"

"You don't know that! When was the last time you even ran into them?!"

"Does it matter?!"

"YES! People change, Mario! Some exclusively to better themself for someone they love. I should know; we both change for each other."

After that, Peach ran from their rough patch. Usually, when this happens, she runs to Daisy. But Daisy was mad at her because of him, so she decided to head to the Darklands. She never thought she would be running to Bowser after she and Mario got into a fight; it was kind of funny. She had taken the long way, using her motorcycle to travel rather than using the pipeline to get to the Darklands. Not that she minded; a nice walk or ride to clear her head was always good for her. Finally getting to the Darkland, she made her way to the castle. No one stopped her as she approached the front doors.

Kamek heard the banging at the front door. It was odd for someone to do that since most Koopa would just let themself in. But, not just the Koopa but the Goombas, Bob-ombs, Bullet Bills, Shy Guys, and even the Koopalings all came running in without knocking. So when he opened the door, the last person he least expected to see was Princess Peach.

"P-princess?! W-w-what are you doing here?!" he asked, stuttering as this had thrown him off.

"Is Bowser here?" She asks,

"Wait. You're looking for Bowser?" he asks as he raises a brow.

"Yes. Is he here?"

"Oh, my stars...." Kamek muttered as he opened the door to let her in. Then, as she followed, he slowly flew into the castle. Peach found being in Bowser's castle odd when she wasn't kidnapped, others stared too, and she didn't blame them. He led her to the throne room, where she could hear laughter. When he opened the door, she was met with the sight of Bowser playing with Junior at a game of wrestling. They didn't see Kamek or Peach as Bowser fell backward on his back, holding Junior as he fell on top of him. Junior got on his legs and stood on top of him, striking a pose in his victory.