Chapter 10: There's Something There That Wasn't There Before...

"I'm sorry, Peach. I was angry and just said whatever came to mind. I shouldn't have said any of those things and had listened," Mario said out loud as rehearsal those words as he made his way to Daisy Castle. He knows that just saying those words won't work on Peach, but it was the best he's got right now. After all, he didn't like how Peach left once again to Daisy after they got into a fight. It's like their fighting scared her, and Mario didn't want to let the problem linger longer than it already had. It's been almost a month since that fight, and he thinks it's time they sat down and talked.

When he got to the castle, it was nicely lit, and the night was calm; you could even hear the waves. Mario felt the cold wind hit him as he took a deep breath and knocked on the door. He waits for a bit till someone opens the door, that person being Wario.

"Oh," they both said, annoyed to see each other.

"Mario"

"Wario"

It was just an angry staring contest between the two. They were not backing down; it was like they were trying to get the other person to look away as they slowly got closer without realizing it. It went on for a good minute, their forehead touching, before they heard a voice.

"I don't think it's a good idea to cheat on your significant other with her best friend's boy toy. Especially when you're getting married, but hey! Give the rainbow a try, it may be your last chance." Waluigi said as he took a bite out of his apple. Wario and Mario pull away from each other, now staring at Waluigi in anger.

"Like hell I'll ever do that with this wannabe!"

"I'm the wannabe?! That's funny coming from the sad man who had to steal my identity!"

"Well you're not as famous as you think you are, Mr. I-still-can't-get-the-princess-to-date-me! At least I'm marrying one!"

"You know nothing about mine and Peach's relationship! So back off pig!"

"Make me, you damn pipsick!" They held each other's shirts, about to punch each other when Waluigi stepped in. Forcing them apart.

"Hey! That's enough!" he yells as he pushes Mario away, "Mario what do you want? If you're not here to apologize to Big Bro W, then get out of here. We have a wedding to plan."

"I'm not here to do any of that! I'm just here to see Peach, we need to talk," Mario told them. Wario and Waluigi shared a look of confusion; this also made Mario confused.

"What are you talking about? Peach not here," said Waluigi

"Yeah," added Wario. They were silent, as Mario was dumbfounded by this. "Maybe Bowser took her again."

"What no! That's not possible! When he had her it had already been a few days since I reduced her! Bowser wasn't in the mushroom kingdom when she left!"

"Well she's not here! Daisy is still mad at her and you!"

"Then where the hell is she?! And don't say 'Bowser!'"

"Well who else could have taken her?" asked Wario, "you have a lot, and I mean a lot of enemies."

"Yeah...and only one who would take her. But Browser isn't one to attack again right away, he waits a few weeks."

"So what? She just left?!" Wario and Waluigi shared another look before looking at Mario. Mario may dislike the brothers, but he knows they aren't lying. Mario's face was in horror as he sat on the cold ground. The peaceful night had turned into one of the worst nights he had ever had. His beloved was missing, and he couldn't save her. Wario went back inside to fetch Daisy as Waluigi stayed behind to watch a defeated Mario. The night was only going to get worse as Little Boo watched this. The news of Peach missing was never heard of before, and the Boo wouldn't fail his King.