Greatest love story ( J.M )

They said I was nothing but a troublemaker never up to no good. You were the perfect all American girl wouldn't touch me even if you could. But you was sneaking out your window everynight riding shotgun in my car. We go to the river and find us a spot and we probably went a little too far. Just a little too far.

JJ Maybank was always chasing after every girl he could get his hands on around the obx. But when he laid eyes on you none of those other girls mattered to him anymore. He watched as you walked back and forth of the flower stand at the famers market that was there on that sunny afternoon where you first caught his eye.

You were the most beautiful person he has ever seen since he has lived here on the island. You had just moved here with your family on the Kook side of the island which you hated to be there anyway because on how they treated people.

You just wanted everyone to get along around you but you quickly saw how that would never happen as everyone called you the Kook princess.

But when you first met JJ that all went out the window.

You spent every waking moment with JJ, there was never a time where you weren't with the other. But as the long summer nights began to draw to a close you both knew that what y'all had would never work out at the end.

But still that didn't stop you from sneaking out of your bedroom window to go with JJ to the beach and stay there all night talking about anything and everything that you could think of.

'Cause I was going to be your forever. You were gonna be my wife. We didn't know any better. Didn't have a clue about life. But I was what you wanted you were what I needed. And we could meet in between. We were gonna be the greatest love story this town had ever seen.

The summer nights turn colder as they began not to last long anymore at all while you and JJ were together one night in the back of your car that you had at the beach. The both of you knew that this was going to end sooner then later, you just didn't want to think about it all.

You still wanted to be with JJ and he wanted to stay with you where ever you went he wanted to follow but you both you knew that he couldn't leave the obx like he wanted too.

Y'all didn't say a word that night, you didn't want to leave on bad terms but you also knew that you both weren't right for each other.

When you got home that night you and JJ knew that was the last time you could see each other since you left the next morning to go to college like your parents wanted you too.

So you went off to college and I got a job I was working that 9 to 5
Dreaming of the days when you were in my arms I've never felt so alive
I spent my days working, spent my nights drinking, howling at the moon
Screaming for the days when you were coming back, no couldn't come to soon
Couldn't come to soon

Once you left JJ got a real job working 9 to 5 everyday that he could where he wouldn't think of you but you would always get the best of him during the day when he would think of the times you were in his arms.

He would go see John B in the evenings doing the same ole thing the two of them would always do after work.

You and JJ would never text each other when you left to go to school, he didn't want you to think of him where you would be distracted on your school work.

JJ would sit back on his back porch looking over the water with a beer in his hand wishing that you were there with him.

But he knew that was to good to be true.

When I was gonna be your forever
You were gonna be my wife
But you went off to find better
And I was learning all about life
But I was what you wanted and you were what I needed
And we could meet in between
We were gonna be the greatest love story this town had ever seen

JJ would always want to text you or just to look up what you were doing to make sure that you were doing alright, but he knew if he did that he would have to text you and see how you were and he didn't want to do that at all.

Even though it hurt him to do so.

So you came back after a long four years
Your college boyfriend didn't work out
So we went out for a couple of drinks to find out who we are now
Sure we changed but way deep down you had the same old feelings for me
I went to the store and I bought you a ring and I got down on one knee
Down on one knee

You came back after all to the OBX but you also didn't tell anyone you were either. You had a boyfriend up where you went to school at so you could get your kind off of JJ, but as you could tell that blonde boy would never get off your mind as hard as you tried.

Once you got back and started your job at the flower shop that you now own where JJ first saw you for the first time.

As you open the shop you saw the blond boy that has always had your heart from the first time you ever saw him standing in your front door looking at you like you weren't even really here.

JJ knew from Sarah that you had moved back here since there was nothing holding you back up north where you went to school at.

JJ knew that he had to come back and see you for himself.

Once he did he knew that you still had the same feelings that he did have also.

He asked you out for a drink at the bar that was right down the street from where you worked and you both went after you closed later that day.

After so many drinks the feelings were still there for one another and y'all picked up right where you left off from four years ago.

JJ went to the store the next day to pick out the ring that he was going to purpose with right in his hand as he went to your house where you were at.

When you open the door the last thing that you expected was JJ down on one knee looking at you with a smile on his face asking you to marry him.

And I said
I wanna be your forever
So baby will you be my wife
Now that we know a little better
We could have a real nice life
'Cause I'm what you wanted and your what I need
So let's meet in between
We're gonna be the greatest love story this town has ever seen
We're gonna be the greatest love story this world has ever seen
So baby say yes to me

And you did.

You said yes.