Chapter 30: The Best Star Bearer

"Is it morning already?" Barbara said as her hand twitches after she woke up from her slumber. Barbie's hand on hers.

"Yes."

"How long have you been waiting here?"

"We've been having you release soot at a tremendous place. I was a little worried about your health." Barbie said as Barbara asks her.

"What are you saying?"

Barbara gets up from her laying position to sitting down.

"The emission of soot is a shadow's duty. Everything..."

"...is for the sake of Lord Grandfather." Barbie finishes her sentence.

(Let me tell you when my jaw dropped, I wasn't kidding.)

The sound of somebody working was heard as a living doll with blonde hair  and greenish-yellowish eye color with a muscular build do push ups. And he's shadow master who's using a gym equipment, both shirtless.

The shadow master saw Barbara and Barbie walking by the room they were occupying so the shadow master stops working out along with his living doll as he tells the living doll while buttoning up his shirt.

"Let's go."

They both walk behind Barbara and Barbie as they make their way down the hallway.

"What happened to the perfume Oliver developed?" Barbara asked then the shadow master response by taking it out and using it.

"Benjamin brought it with him." Said the shadow master.

Barbara and Barbie frown.

𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒂 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒍 𝒐𝒅𝒐𝒓.

Benjamin looks at the bottle before thinking to himself.

𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒊𝒔 𝒏𝒐 𝒈𝒐𝒐𝒅. 𝑯𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒊𝒕 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏.

Benjamin puts his perfume away as Barbara thought to herself.

𝑩𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝒊𝒕. 𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒊𝒔 𝒊𝒏𝒇𝒖𝒓𝒊𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈.

As they walk the see two shadow masters accompanied by their faces conversing happily but they look at the approaching Star Bearers.

𝑾𝒐𝒘. 𝑰𝒕'𝒔 𝑩𝒂𝒓𝒃𝒂𝒓𝒂. 𝑺𝒉𝒆'𝒔 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒓𝒚, 𝒊𝒔𝒏'𝒕 𝒔𝒉𝒆?

"Hurry. Let's go over there." One of the shadows master said but before they could do anything, someone interrupted them.

"Just a moment." Susanna said with her face right behind her. She uses both of her hands to wrap them around their necks as she speaks.

"To see a Star Bearer and run away... Have you done something you feel guilty about?" Susie stands behind her making a mischievous face.

"No!"

"We're so sorry! We truly respect them!"

Barbara approaches the scene breaking it.

"Susanna, it is time for the Star Bearers' meeting. Now, let us go to Oliver's rooms."

"Yes, becoming a Star Bearer is a worthwhile goal. In the children's wing, only for pairs are chosen! The elite! You can live in lovely rooms, and if you are invited to Lord Grandfather's wing, you are sure to receive special treatment." Sarah explains about the Star Bearers.