Chapter 33: A Great Cleaning 2

One foggy morning within the Shadow House..

A living doll has begun to wake up and so are any other living dolls. Slipping into her shoes, Emilico makes her way out of her room.

"𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒔𝒏'𝒕 𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒍𝒆𝒆𝒑 𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒍. 𝑨𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒍𝒍, 𝒕𝒐𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝒊𝒔..."

Approaching footsteps can be heard waking Emilico from her thought.

"Good morning, Emilico!"

Mia said as Lou yawns right behind her.

"Now, let's go to the rejoicing party!"

At the main lobby of the house..

The sound of wheels rolling as two Star Bearer living dolls walk while the other pushes the cart with two distinct dark blue glass bottles on top and a cup along with a syringe.

"Where's Barbie?" Ollie asks Susie as she pushes the cart at a normal pace.

"Attending to one of Mistress Barbara's fits. We'll have to take her some coffee later."

Susie said as she turns away from looking at Olly to focus on her walk.

Mummur and laughter can be heard from here and there as living dolls quickly stand in groups as they discuss the party and other stuff while Emilico wanders around looking for someone.

"𝑨𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝑺𝒉𝒂𝒖𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑯𝒊𝒔𝒖𝒊, 𝑰 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒓𝒆𝒍𝒚 𝒐𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒆. 𝑶𝒉!"

Emilico then has an idea as she looks at Mia and Lou who's talking to one another.

"𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝑰 𝒅𝒐 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝑰'𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒚 𝒕𝒆𝒂𝒎!"

"Huh? Where's Rosemary? And Where is Hisui?"

Emilico asks after sensing that their leader and team member is missing.

"She went to take out the garbage quite some time ago. Where could she be dilly-dallying?"

"What about-" Emilico was about to ask about Doll but then Mia cuts her off.

"Oh." Mia looks towards the dark hallway as Rosemary makes her way towards them in a slow and wobbly manner.

"Oh, there she is!" Mia said as she said happily.

Rosemary starts making noise as if she's trying to say something but something is blocking her and all she can mutter out were Ohs.

This catches a little attention from the other living dolls there as they back away slightly, standing in a defensive stance.

Rosemary finally raises her head as she shocks everyone including her teammates while Emilico gasps.

"What? Has Rose gotten soot sickness again?"

Mia asks with a frown on her face and so does Emilico and Lou.

"A-Are you all right?" Emilico asks in a worried tone. But then her clothes start morphing and bubbling.

"Rosemary? Something about the shape of her seems... strange." She said but then a voice yells out.

"Move away from her!"

A Star Bearer exclaimed as little creatures known as scorches start bursting out and down her dress. They all rush down from her dress and try to find their next victim.