When we were young

"I don't understand," muttered Harry. Although Louis had explained what had happened to him over and over, Harry could not understand anything. His mind was rejecting everything he heard. He could see Louis. He could touch Louis. How could it be that others were unaware of Louis' existence?

“Ghosts,” Louis said, trying to stay calm. He could understand the reason for Harry's confusion, didn't want to go after him, but had been trying to explain for hours that he was a ghost, nothing more than a simple spirit. "There's a reason they called this mansion the murder house, and there's a reason why everyone is afraid of this house, even after years."

"And that reason is you?"

"Yes, darling."

"It's hard to believe all you're saying, Louis. I feel like I'm crazy. It's like this place is a mental hospital."

"I know it's hard, but you have to believe me."

"As if it were possible otherwise..." Harry whispered He ran one hand over Louis' hand while the other tangled in his hair. He could feel it. He could smell Louis' comforting scent.

Now everything about the house was clear in Harry's eyes. People thought there was someone living in the house, and yes, there was someone living in the house even though they couldn't see him.

"So what am I going to do?" asked Harry. "People can't see you, but they do see me. Won't they notice that I'm here?"

"Do you want to stay here?" ' Louis asked in surprise. His eyes were shining.

"If you let me," Harry barely realized what he was saying. It was absurd to stay in the same house with a man he had just met, but this was Harry's house too. It was the house Louis had built for Harry. The house William built for Edward...

"You can say that you bought the house," said Louis excitedly. "No one will know I'm here."

Harry nodded, indicating that he understood. How could a trip he took just to distract himself affect his life so much?

All he wanted was to hear a few murder stories. Now he had learned that he was the main protagonist of that story. How could this be possible? How much could he trust the man next to him? Had he lost his mind?

"You're still confused, aren't you?"

"It is so hard," said Harry. "It's very difficult to get the truth about my life from someone else. I can't accept it."

"It's something you'd like to forget, for sure," said Louis. He also wanted to forget. Although his relationship with Edward was flawless, it had hurt him. It was a great love, but it was painful. There were so many things he wanted to be erased from his mind. For example, he wanted to forget that his father hated him because of the person he loved. When he confessed to his father that he liked Edward, he wanted to erase the broken expression in her father's eyes from his memories. He wanted to forget his father's disgusted tone. William's legs were trembling and his eyes were dark that day. He felt like he was going to faint, but he didn't. Even though he wanted to die at that moment, he couldn't.

He loved Edward very much. He felt that he belonged to him with all his heart and soul. But he also loved his father. On one side was the man who truly loved him, and on the other, his father. If he chose his father, his life would be sad, but he would have a family to lean on. He would have a mother to hold his hand when he fell. He would have children to look after him when he was old. If he chose Edward, he would live with the love of his life, knowing he was loved, but his life would be very difficult. People would kick him when he fell. Even if he stumbled a little, they would push him to the ground. The weight of the whole world would be on his shoulders in the slightest trouble he would experience. Either he would die early and leave Edward alone, or Edward would leave him. His future with Edward was uncertain, it was dark, foggy, stormy...

It was not even possible for a wise man to follow his heart in such a situation. A person who can use his brain a little would choose a comfortable life with his family. William chose Edward. There had been only one moment when he regretted loving Edward. William's world had turned to hell when the man he loved died because of him. The constricted, hot walls of Hell had burned William, slowly killing him. William had felt the pain until his last cell had stopped fighting.

Now the man he loved was in front of him again. His father wasn't here. There was no one to oppose them. They had nothing to lose. How easy it is to love when you have nothing to lose. To love without fear, with passion... How free it felt to love just for the sake of loving, without thinking about the future, without evaluating the good and bad sides of love as if making a profit and loss chart. Maybe that's what true love is. Perhaps Louis was truly in love for the first time.