You're Still The One

"Rise and shine, princess."

When Harry opened his eyes from the kisses on his cheek, he couldn't help thinking how much he liked his new way of being woken up.

"Good morning," he muttered.

Louis didn't usually get up early, but today he was sitting next to Harry, dressed very nicely, stroking Harry's hair, trying to wake him up.

"Are you going somewhere?" Harry asked, though he couldn't understand why Louis laughed instead of answering his question.

"I'm a ghost, Harry. What can I do outside?"

"I wouldn't stay at home if I was a ghost," said Harry. "It would be a lot of fun to scare people."

"Believe me, after thirty years it's getting boring to scare people."

"What year were you born?" Harry asked curiously.

"Guess."

"After the French Revolution?" asked Harry unsure of himself. He wasn't a big fan of history.

"Yes."

"I don't know," said Harry. "You look so young, it's hard."

"1829."

"My god!" said Harry. "You are too old!"

"I'm still 28," Louis said, rolling his eyes. "Just a few years after we died, the penalty for being gay has changed, the death penalty has been replaced by hard labor." Louis let out a hysterical laugh. "Can you believe it?"

"Sometimes I'm glad I don't remember those days," Harry muttered.

"At least you're with me now," Louis said with a shrug. He didn't want to talk about such things today.

Harry grabbed Louis' cheeks to kiss him, but jumped in fright when he heard the doorbell ring. His heart was beating like it was about to burst.

"Calm down, darling," Louis said with a smile. "I ordered some stuff."

"Order?"

"Thanks to whoever found the online shopping," Louis said with a wink. "Unwittingly, he did the ghosts a huge favor."

"What did you buy?"

"Surprise," said Louis, winking once more. "Don't come to my room until I let you."

"Why?"Harry asked, frowning.

"Eat your breakfast, Hazza," Louis said just before kissing Harry on the cheek one more time and leaving the room.

Harry groaned and got out of bed. Although Louis had bought new furnitures for Harry, Harry didn't like to cook without him. It was fun spending time with Louis. Especially in the kitchen. Louis a completely different person in the kitchen, he was so adorable.

He also didn't like Louis' mysterious attitude. Louis would never keep a secret from him! What had happened now that he had suddenly started doing things in secret?

After breakfast, Harry decided to go to Edward's studio. He loved that room. He had the opportunity to examine different paintings every day, trying to guess what he was thinking while drawing those pictures.

He had also found Edward's diary in the painting room. Although he did not want to read the diary at first, William had succeeded in persuading him of this. He had learned too many things about both Edward and William. So at least he had learned a lot about their sex life and painting techniques.

He knew he had to find a way to spend time with himself, but it was frustrating that Louis still wasn't around.

He was alone until now. He would spend all his time listening to crime podcasts and watching horror movies. Now it was boring to be alone. He always wanted to be with Louis, always wanted to talk to him.