Chapter 08 - The aftermath of the rain

Guiltia raised an eyebrow when he saw ther was an extra person at the dinner table having breakfast with them. 

"Hello~." Senna was here and she's eating breakfast with them. 

"When did you three get friendly with her? Especially you, Eve. What a surprise." Guiltia didn't expect Senna here of all people and even more surprised Eve wasn't trying to kill her.

"Last night, I've tried dancing on top of the puddles." Eve began to blush a little as he recalled what happened last night; after Senna sang her song, Robin pulled Ange and Eve along so they could start dancing on top of the puddles. Dancing in the aftermath of the rain, droplet of cold water seeped through the fabrics of their clothes and stain their skin but they didn't care. At that moment, they felt free from their troubles. They had fun.

"Senna, you..." When he heard her sing last night, he felt like he was seeing the Senna before everything fell apart.

Senna smiled a little as she finished the last bit of pancake. "I am full. Thanks for the food~." She got up from her seat and she's about to leave. 

"Eh?! You're leaving?!" Robin didn't want her to leave! "You can't stay here and play a little longer?" 

She looked at Guiltia and she shook her head, "It's unfair to make the owner of the house go somewhere else. It will be easier if I go. See you all later~." She disappeared by sinking through the ground and it scared Robin and Ange. 

"She disappeared...!" Both of them screamed. 

"I wish she will leave the normal way..." Eve looked at Guiltia. 

Guiltia looked at Eve and he went to make coffee. "...it's not like I asked her to leave."

"But you never told her to stay, Guil. If you wanted her to stay a little longer, you should have said something." 

Guiltia didn't say anything back to that response.

Eve followed Guiltia into the kitchen because there was something he needed to share with him without Ange and Robin hearing. 

"She was crying? Who made her cry?" Guiltia asked immediately when Eve told him he could tell Senna had cried. 

How did Eve know? Because he noticed the aftermath of red and slightly puffed eyes when he watched Senna dance. Maybe Robin and Ange were still young and didn't really notice these detailed things when the time called for it.

Eve smiled, "Even though you still care for her, why are you being stubborn about it?"

"I'm not." 

"You are." 

"...I just don't know how to deal with her."

"I used to think the same way, Guil. Maybe...just maybe Senna is pretending to be someone she isn't." 

"Someone she isn't...?"

"Guil, maybe the Senna I got along with is the Senna you got along with." 

Was that really true? He was always under the impression people changed and Senna changed for the worse. Was she still there? The Senna he once knew...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Senna returned to LOST EDEN's apartment but she was met with a very annoyed Mist. 

"Where have you been?! Do you have any idea how worried Saga and I was because you went out all night?! You didn't even bother to turn on your phone and you made it hard for us to sense you! Curse you and your ability to selectively choose who to hide your presence from! You were crying all day and then you just waltzed out of our door! How dare you hide your presence from us?!"