Chapter 13 - If I were...

Senna's feelings to protect Dimitri's view of eternity gave her the powers to return to the very distant past where everything fell apart and begin at the same time. She managed to come back and she's here with one aim: Kill the humans before the past Dimitri kill them. She's standing at the very top of a hill and she watched the foolish humans prepare the torches, pitchforks, and all sorts of items from the church that was said to have the power to fend off evil. Senna hated these people; they let fear strangle out logic and reason, only to replace it with hysterical thoughts that might as well be a virus because when one person was hysteric, it made the whole group become hysteric too. There's no reasoning with them. 

The people began to march. Their aim was to drive the vampires out of their home. 

She was about to sing. Malice in her eyes as she coldly looked down at the foolish humans who thought they're about to start a revolution of some sort. She will not spare them. Not the men, women, children...no one. "Born into the world with nothing. I will take you out and you will have nothing even in death." She was about to sing- "...?!" She dodged out of the way because Dimitri was attacking her with his sword! 

"Dimitri?!" How did he come to the past?! He's not supposed to be here! The Dimitri from the present was here! 

"I don't know how I ended up here but the blue moon brought everyone here." He explained to her.

"E-everyone...?!"

"I don't know where everyone is. When I came to, I could only sense your presence." 

"No...this can't be...I didn't mean-" This wasn't the time to hesitate! She used her magic and when she breathed out, she made the area misty. She blocked Dimitri's view of the humans who were on their way to hunt the vampires.

"One day. Just one day where I want to feel like we've gone back to the good old days. Why do you have to ruin it with this?!" He sensed it. Her killing intention to wipe out the humans who were marching to seek out the vampires. "Senna, you really think you killing them right now will make me forgive you? You think erasing the fact I saw you kill them will make me look at you in a good light?!"

Was that how he saw her? Senna made her trident appear and she used it to deflect his sword. "You can't beat me. The blue moon blessed me with powers beyond what you can imagine. Get out of my way!" She hadn't sung for so many years to be beaten here! She's going to change the past! Once she changed the past, everyone could go back to being happy! She believed happiness will start from a changed past.

Dimitri noticed every time their weapons clashed; she was stronger than the last time they drew their weapons at one another. Did the blue moon really give her powers? One wanted to protect humans, the other wanted to protect her important people. The two of them fought like they were enemies for a very long time but deep down in their eyes, there's no true hate in them.

"Get out of my way!" Senna was not going to let this opportunity slip! She's going to protect this idiot no matter what! "You're so intent on protecting these foolish humans! The same humans who hunted you down?! Why?! Why protect them?!" I swear to the Blue Moon that I'll curse all the fucking humans from the moment they live and all the way they die! Even if they're nothing but a soul, I'll curse them until they are no more!" Her anger channelled into power! When she slashed her trident at Dimitri, he felt a powerful wave push him away! 

"How did she-?!"

"I didn't want to hurt you...ah...but if I hurt the present you and leave the past you alone, you will still be in the present." 

"You're twisted!" 

"You're the one who pushed me to become this way!" She never wanted to hurt anyone. She was forced to hurt everyone because of him. She just wanted to protect him...! Where did it all go wrong? Should she have let Dimitri know from the beginning when he conveniently forgot about it all and blamed it on her?