Fireflies

Derek, josh  and Isaac watch Scott talk to Argent They had been running around the woods trying to find Boyd and Cora

"You think this is going to work?" Isaac asked from the back seat.
"No." Josh says

"Me either. So... your sister." Isaac says making Derek slowly turns to Isaac giving him a side eye . "Sorry. Bad timing. I'll ask later. Or never. I'm good with never."
"No you want" josh says

Argent drops a bag on the ground "You've been tracking them by print?"
"Trying to."

"Then you've been wasting your time. The only creature on earth that can visually track footprints is man. And if you're not trained like me you have no idea that this print is Boyd's and these-"

"Are Cora's." Isaac said. "No, they're yours. You trampled Cora's when you first walked over here." Argent said

"Listen, I know the three of you are focusing half your energy on resisting your own urges under the full moon, but that puts you at a severe disadvantage to Boyd and Cora, who have fully given in. They put the pedal to the floor where you three are barely hitting the speed limit."

"So what do we do. Focus on your sense of smell. Actual wolves are known to track their prey by up to a hundred Miles a day by scent. A trained hunter can use scent to track them. If the wind is with them, wolves can track a scent by a distance of two Miles, which means we can draw them to us... Or into a trap. Full moon does give us one advantage. They'll have a higher heat signature, which makes them easier to spot with infrared." Argent said

"Thanks but I've got my own." Derek said

"Just remember we're not hunting wild animals. Underneath those impulses are two intelligent human beings. Don't think they can't rely on that human side. It's suppressed but it's there. Reminding them how to mask their own scent. How to cover their tracks. How to survive."

Stepping toward the edge of the cliffside, Argent and the others look out to the lights of the town. "When was the last time you saw your sister?" Argent asked "Not in years we thought she died in the fire." Josh said

"You feel like you have a lock on her scent?"
Argent asked "Scott, how confident are you in your skills?"
"Honestly? Most of the time I'm trying not to think about all of the things I can smell."

"All right, our real problem is when they breach the woods and hit the residential areas. Once they're past the high school they're right in the middle of Beacon Hills"

"They're not going to kill everything they see, are they?"

"No. But there's an important difference to recognize. Wolves hunt for food. At a certain point they get full. Boyd and Cora are hunting for the pleasure of the kill. For some primal, apex predatory satisfaction that comes from ripping a warm body to bloody shreds And who knows when that need is satiated."

"We can't kill them.'
"What if we can't catch them?"

"Then maybe we just need to contain them." He says
"There's no one in the school at night, is there?" He asked

"You want to trap them?" Derek asked and Argent nodded, "If there's somewhere with a strong enough door. No windows or access to the outside."

"What about the boiler room? It's one big steel door." Isaac says. "You're sure the schools empty?" Argent asked.

"It has to be. There can't be anyone there this late. Right?"

They had gotten Cora and Boyd to the school and had just trapped them inside the boiler room. "Did that actually just work?" Scott asked

The other side, Boyd and Cora banged on the door uselessly, Derek and Scott lean closer to listen.
"Heartbeats."
"Both of them."

"Actually... three of them." Scott said making
Josh and Derek look at the door alarmed.
Derek pushes a desk aside and reaches to open the door

"Shut the door behind me. Keep it shut." Derek said

Cora and Boyd lie before him. Both alive and transformed back to their human selves.
"There's... a teacher... back there."

~

In the dimly lit morgue, an exhausted Scott, josh and Stiles look over the body of Heather in front of them. "So Boyd and Cora might not have killed anyone?" Scott asked. "You're going to wish they did." Stiles says .
"Why?"

"I'm not totally sure yet, but that other girl who was out in the woods, Emily? They're eventually going to find her. She's one of them. Emily, Heather, the guy Lydia found at the pool. All three were virgins. And all of them are going to have the same three injuries. Strangled. Throat slashed. Head bashed in." Stiles said to josh .

"So if they're not random killings, what are they?"

"Sacrifices. Human sacrifices."

Author: I was thinking of doing a fanfic of a show that I grew up with

Omg Tysm I just hit 1k reads on this book  I thought this book would flop when I first started this book