Chapter four: Trial and Error

I was fast asleep, the warmth of my blanket made me feel safe, I heard the sound of something fluttering around towards me,I jolted up to the sound of Crowley screaming at me.

"ISA WAKE UP!"

Crowley voice broke the silence in my room and I quickly sat up while rubbing my eyes in frustration.

"Jesus Christ Crowley, don't scare me like that!"
I was very irritated, I had no choice but to get up or else Crowley would've kept complaining.

I slowly got out of my bed and started getting ready, I stared at my reflection and I tried to collect myself as I put on a black shirt with gray pants, I brushed my hair and fur as I was trying to get all the tangles out of it.

After I got ready I walked out of my bathroom and put on my white lab coat, I exited out of my room and quickly grabbed some breakfast and went straight towards a fire place.

I pressed on one of the bricks and the sound of bricks sliding slowly breaks the silence, I watched as I see the fire move to the side including the bricks, I walked down the steps as I turned around and saw the bricks closing the entryway behind me.

I walked up to the big metal door and pressed on a button, a scanner appeared as I moved my eye towards it, my eye gets scanned and the scanner lights turn green, I slide my lanyard card across the scanner and the doors opened up slowly.

I entered through the door and I see the sights of a few scientists doing their work.

I looked over and saw Viran leaning over a table looking through a microscope, Viran looked at me and immediately walked up to me.

"There you are Isa, I need you for a minute, follow me!"

I listened to Viran's instructions and I followed them, we walked through another metal door that had a sign on it saying testing labs, as I continued following Viran through the testing labs I saw the most horrific things in front of me.

I completely forgot that the testing lab had a lot of disturbing things, it was a testing lab after all, the sight of many different animals in bullet proof glasses containment cells makes me feel guilty for seeing them.

I saw all sorts of different animals that were suffering, I looked over and saw a rat laying on its side, it was unfortunately deceased and I saw the parasites crawling and leaking out of the rats mouth as parasites squirmed around in it's dead body, the sight of the rat's skin moving sickened me.

I swallowed trying to keep myself together, I turned to see a rabbit sitting in a containment chamber, I saw that some patches of the fur was turning into a dark purple, the rabbit also seemed to also be slowly going through hair loss as I noticed a few patches of fur were exposing its skin.

I turned my head away so I could stop looking at these miserable animals.

As I followed Viran we walked up towards someone who was wearing a light blue lab coat, they seemed to be taking out a guinea pig from a crate.

"I'm sorry little Guinea pig, you won't like this."

The person sounded sad as I watched them use a medicine syringe to suck up some of the parasite eggs from a small testing platelet.

The person proceeded to open the guinea pigs mouth and pushed the down on the syringe as I watched the parasite eggs go into the Guinea pigs mouth.

After the person finished the process they gently stroked the Guinea pig as tears started to fill their eyes a bit, the person turned their head and noticed us looking at them.

"Oh, Isa I want to introduce you to someone, this is Kayla, she's a new intern here in the lab!"

Kayla quickly wiped her tears as her face turned into a smile as she placed the Guinea pig into an empty containment chamber.

Kayla went up to me and shook my hand.

"Hi it's nice to meet you, you must be Isa, you're one of the three main scientists I'm not wrong?"

I nodded and smiled.

"Isa, I'm hoping you brought the new sample of the new material you found, Kayla will tag along with you so that you can walk Kayla through the new experiment process and learn more from you."

"Yes Viran, I will keep a good watch on Kayla, I also have the sample stored in the new experiment testing room."

Kayla followed me as we went through a small door, I placed hand on the scanner and the big door in front of us opened.

We walked into a small room with a microphone sitting on a desk , I took a seat while Kayla sat down next to me, we were looking out of a rectangular window that was showing a testing room and saw two scientists wearing hazmat suits.

I pressed the intercom button and spoke.

"Okay bring out the sample!"

The two scientists grabbed a small bag from a container, the bag contained a piece of some sort of thick sludge.

"Now release the test subject!"

One of the scientists brought out an animal kennel, it had a giant Flemish rabbit, they opened the kennel and placed the rabbit down in a small containment chamber.

"Put in the sample!"

The scientist opened the bag and used forceps and placed the strange blob into the chamber.

"Keep a decent distance and please keep on standby!"

The scientists closed the chamber and walked away and stood near the door emergency exit.

As I looked through the window at the blob I could see it move, it looked like it was breathing and pulsating.

Both rooms grew quiet as I observed the pulsating blob.

The silence stopped as we watched in horror, the blob stretched and quickly grabbed the rabbit, the rabbit was pulling and kicking trying to escape from the grasp of the blob, it was useless.

A acid liquid was coming from the blob as we listened to the horrific sound of the rabbit squealing and suffering, the rabbit's fur started to slowly burn away, as we saw the rabbits body being burned from the acid ,as I kept watching I felt numb and empty as I watched the rabbit helplessly suffer.

A few moments later the rabbit was deceased, it fell limp in the blobs clutches, the sight of the rabbits flesh and muscles was a very cruel thing to witness, the smell it was emitting was at the exact scent level of a rotting corpse.

I stared at the rabbits corpse as it sat there and felt no sadness for it.

"The test is over, please clean up the testing room."

I got up and rushed over to the bathroom, Kayla was trying to follow me.

"Kayla, I need a bit of some space, can you please let me have a moment to collect myself."

Kayla nodded without hesitation and walked away.

I walked through the bathroom door and pressed a button on the wall, a small booth appeared with a sign that said "panic booth", I went inside and tears start to fill my eyes.

"I don't want to do this anymore, those poor animals didn't deserve this.."

I sat there in the booth as I slowly let my tears come out, I put my head down and cried, I sat there and softly cried waiting for everything to be over.

"I still have no choice, the corruption must be stopped, get it together, no more excuses."

I stood up and wiped my tears away as I exited the booth, I had dead cold glare as I prepared myself to exit the bathroom, the door opened and I went straight back to work.

End of chapter four!