Chapter six: colorful connections

You see a bright light as you slowly open your eyes, you look around and see the deer with its head still on your lap, you could see its antlers glowing a pastel green, the deer slowly woke up and looked at you.

"Ah, you're finally awake, I'm glad that the door worked!"

You were still disoriented, you couldn't believe that the deer was talking to you, it looked like the deer's mouth wasn't even moving, it seemed that the deer was communicating in some sort of way.

"Oh, did I confuse you, my apologies, the way I have to speak is mainly telepathically, it's the only way I can talk to you."

You realized that the deer was reading your mind, you tried to remain calm as you took a moment to think and wind down.

"Was all of that stuff a dream, it felt so real!"

The deer's ears perked up and it answered back.

"Well yes it was both a dream, but it also was real, you were in a place called the dream world, it's when one's consciousness goes into a dream like state and they travel to a world that can be formed from memories, fantasies and even your worst fears."

You let some of the memories of the dream come to your mind, the thought of knowing that every single moment of the dream was a real thing that happened.

"What was that door and how did you get into my dream?" You said to the deer.

"That door is called the door of dreams, it's a door that can be formed from positive energy or from having an aphasia spirit in your dream world." The deer answered in a calm soothing voice.

"And before you ask about the corrupted version of you that was in your dream that was not a normal corruption creature, that was a dream beast, it's a creature that was created by the corrupt themselves, they use it as another way to corrupt you."

You were quite worried from hearing the deer's response, you looked down at your arm and saw that some of your veins were a dark purple.

The deer looked at your arm, its face quickly turned into a disgusted expression, the deer seemed upset at the sight of your arm.

"The corrupted are still after you, and I can clearly see that they're trying to get to you by using the dream realm." The deer said in a soft yet firm voice.

"So if you stay around in the dream realm with me you can help slow down the corrupted from infecting me?" You asked the deer while your voice shook a bit from fear.

"Yes, but it will take more than just having me exist in your dream world, it's bit complicated to explain but I think I can be able to break it down so you can understand." The deer spoke in a soft and positive voice.

You nodded and you stay focused as you started listening to the deer's words.

"Aphasia spirits are more that just an average companion, aphasia spirits also have powers and magic, on our own we can use our abilities, but if we find the right person to connect with our power grows, the way we know that we have found the right person is that we sense how a person reacts to an aphasia spirit, if the person has a certain reaction to the spirit they meet a specific spirit based on their emotions and it will come forward and connect with them."

"For example, if a person is always calm but a fierce side of them they could get paired with a cat spirit."

The deer was discribing everything perfectly without making a mistake, it was very easily broken down and you could understand what the deer was saying.

"That's a lot for me to understand, but I think I get it now, so it's basically like when you find your soul mate but through an emotional connection?" You could understand a bit of what the deer said but it was still confusing to understand.

"You're correct, when an aphasia spirit sees you as a soul mate but mainly through an emotional bond, that is called a soul bond, it's when an aphasia spirit gets to either make physical contact or form a mental bond with their person in order to have a soul bond form."

You were able to get a very clear understanding of the deer's explanation, you felt less stressed since you were able to gain the information from the deer's words.

"So, you're now my partner and we soul bonded, is that how you were able to be in my dream?"
You asked and the deer quickly answered.

"Precisely, when you touched my head that's when I knew you were the right one I was meant to find, the feeling of our souls and energy connecting was a very strong feeling I sensed, it will take some time to get used to seeing me a lot in your dream world but we will be able to work together!"

The deer sounded determined and happy, hearing the soft voice coming from it made you feel like you were being watched by a parental figure, it was like a very comforting feeling.

You looked around and saw a fox spirit sleeping on one of the hospital beds, you looked above and you noticed a bunch of bird spirits gathering above, they seem to be perched on the branches and roots that were on the ceiling.

The sight of all of these spirits filled you with a sense of hope knowing that one of the spirits will find their own soul mate someday.

You see someone sitting on a chair in the recovery hall, they looked different from the other survivors.

The stranger had gray fur covering their body, you watched their long tail moving slowly and swiftly, the sight of their fang's being exposed from their mouth made this person look intimidating. You noticed that the stranger had their hair shaved on both sides of their head, they had a mullet, the sight of the hair having a bright green dye in it made them look more interesting.

"What are you looking at?" The stranger said in an annoyed voice, they seemed quite pissed off as you make eye contact with the stranger.

You quickly look away and try to not upset the stranger, you turn your head and saw the stranger was right in front of you, seeing them up close was a sight to behold.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to stare at you like that!" You stuttered and stumbled as you try and form a sentence.

The stranger huffed and sat down, they still looked irritated, the stranger made eye contact with you and spoke.

"I'm guessing you're here because you encountered the corrupted, I'm assuming you got infected too?"

You nodded as a response to the stranger's question.

"You probably have a few days or hours left until your discharged from recovery, you're friend Isa cares a lot about you and she knows that the recovery process will work, you just have to wait until one of scientists allows you to be done so you have permission to be discharged."

The stranger was quite content, they were very serious and sincere about acknowledging your situation.

Hearing that you had a few days or hours left of recovery time it made you feel hopeful that you would be able to get back to normal life, but it somewhat still won't feel the same due to having to stay at the Okra base so you won't face the corrupted creatures again.

You saw the deer doing something, the deer was examining your veins, it seemed quite obvious that the deer is worried about you, seeing how caring the deer was it helped remind you that you will be safe and secure with where you are now.

Everything now felt like a new beginning was coming, you were feeling all sorts of new emotions that were difficult to understand and describe.

You put your hand on the deer's head and gently touched it, feeling the warm and soft fur on your fingers felt so calming as the deer placed it's head back down onto your lap again, you saw the aura coming from its antler's as the deer seemed to be calm and high alert.

Being in this environment made you feel safe and comfortable, knowing that your body is almost done resting gives you a feeling of joy, you lied down and relaxed while looking at the spirits happily playing and prancing around in the recovery hall and you felt a feeling of relief wash over you.

End of chapter six.