Chapter eleven: Words of regret

A few hours passed and you were still emotionally in pain.

You sat there in silence as memories from the fight in the dream world came to your mind, you kept seeing Isa's face while she was corrupted, it made you feel miserable for her and that she was suffering.

You decided to leave your room to explore the base, it would be the right thing to do so you can get your mind off of the situation.

The wall opens up and you exit your room, you are in a large hall. There were many other doors that were in the hallway, and those were other rooms for some of the survivors.

You kept wandering around the halls and saw the stranger that was from before, they seemed to be talking with gf.

The stranger sees you and approaches you.

"Oh, I remember you, I saw you in the recovery hall!" The stranger was speaking in a polite manner.

You nodded your head and the stranger shook your hand.

"I forgot to introduce myself, I'm Viran, one of the leaders here at the okra base!" Viran smiled and finished shaking your hand and they put their hands back in their pockets.

"It's nice to meet you too, Viran." Hearing Viran speak made you feel less intimidated than the last time you met them.

Gf saw you and looked at you, she seemed worried, she quickly looked away and asked Viran if she can talk to them alone.

Viran listens and they excuse themselves, Viran goes through a door that leads to a small room.

Viran and gf go inside and you wait for the both of them to finish their conversation.

You could faintly hear them speak as you sat next to the door while remaining silent as you listened to the conversation.

"The corruption is getting out of hand, we need to get those experiments done so we can find the answer that can stop the corruption!" Viran sounded frustrated.

"At this point Viran you shouldn't be conducting all of those experiments, Isa got exposed to the corruption because of you not taking care of the lab, you need to realize what the scientists are doing and that they could end up just like Isa if you don't keep the corruption properly controlled!"

Gf sounded upset, she was raising her voice a bit and she was not taking lightly to the situation.

Viran looked away and their facial expression changed dramatically as they rolled their eyes in frustration.

"I know that the lab isn't in the best condition at this time, all that matters is that I can find the solution to eradicate the corruption, I" -

Viran gets cut off and gf spoke back at them with a very clear and angry tone of voice.

"I don't care that you're experiments are more important than your lab workers, they're not in a safe environment and you're meant to be responsible for their own health, I'm honestly ashamed that you're not keeping the lab in a better condition, you need to understand what risks are going to come and the consequences that will happen from them!"

Gf was quite upset as you watched her face turn into straight rage in an instant.

"You need to listen to me, if you don't fix the issue that is happening in your lab I will make you regret it if you don't take care of the problem, so suck it up and get that lab fixed before you fuck things up again, got it?"

Gf was being very strict and looked at Viran with a glare that made them feel fear for the first time in a long time.

Viran knew that they were in big trouble and they had no choice but to accept gf's words.

"Yes mam." Viran answered back as their tone of voice changed to be more gentle and polite.

Viran's face went from angry to sad really quickly, they were clearly distraught as they understood the consequences that would happen if they don't take care of the lab.

"I suggest you get to work now with fixing the lab, you have no time to waste, and if something goes wrong you must let me know!"
Gf's voice lowered as she calmed herself down.

Viran nodded and got up from their seat and walked out the door.

You quickly moved away from the door and watched Viran walk out. They looked very frustrated, they didn't even turn to look at you.

Viran left and Gf came out of the room, she went back to being calm and gentle after the conversation.

"Oh hi Sunny, sorry if you heard the yelling back there, I was not in a good mood today."

Gf smiled at you, it made her look innocent and pure.

"It's fine, I was just waiting for you guys to finish your conversation." You got up and stood next to gf.

"I heard it all, the lab not being safe, Isa getting corrupted because of the poor lab conditions, and that the corruption is still spreading."

Gf could see how upset you were, she gave you a comforting smile as you stood there in silence.

"I'm so sorry that you heard it all, the corruption is starting to get stronger and Viran hasn't been responsible with the lab, and it was technically Viran's fault that Isa got corrupted,she's been working too much and she got exposed to from all the experiments."
Gf was upset too, she was showing that your pain was acknowledged and that she understood your feelings.

You stood there in silence and you lost your words, a thought crossed your mind and you asked Gf a question that might upset her.

"I want to see Isa, maybe we can find a way to get to her back, there's no way the she gave up-"

Gf cut off your sentence and quickly replied.

"She's not herself anymore, and plus the lab isn't safe, you could get corrupted too,she's in containment right now and that means you're not allowed to see her at this time, I'm sorry but those are the rules!"

You grew quiet and you understood Gf's explanation, you felt horrible knowing that Isa is not herself anymore and it makes you feel bad for what she's going through.

Gf carefully placed her hand on your shoulder and tried to comfort you.

"The only thing we can do is wait it out and hope that we find something to stop the corruption, for now you can't leave the base and if Isa was here she would want you to stay here so you wouldn't be at risk."

Gf spoke calmly as you stood there in silence, you gently pulled off gf's hand from your shoulder and you were quite frustrated as all sorts of emotions flowed through you.

"I know, Isa wants me to live, I just really don't like what I have been going through. Isa doesn't deserve to be corrupted and I know that we can help her fight it, at this point I'm just gonna let it go so I can try to gather my thoughts."

Gf slowly stepped back and could tell how frustrated you were, she nodded and prepared to leave.

"I have to go sunny, I'm going to be busy, but if you need help you can come up and ask me anything, just be safe!"

Gf walked away and you stood there as you watched gf walk off, she went into a door and left.

So many emotions were in you, there was anger, sadness, guilt and despair. You were going through the five stages of grief, it was the most painful thing you have experienced in your entire life.

This is now the first stage you are experiencing, denial.

You decide to head back to your room and you allow yourself to be vulnerable as you let all of your painful feelings consume you.

This was the only beginning of the five stages of grief, you accepted your fate and sat there in your room in pure silence.

End of chapter eleven.