01 : Unexpected meet

" Was meeting you just an accident or a play of destiny?"

.
.
.

[Ps - Please read the prologue before reading ahead. Thank you!]

.
.
.

Author's pov

Clad in white formal pants suit and nude closed toe heels, you headed downstairs to witness a warm and homely sight in front of you - your dad sweetly feeding your mom the burnt pancakes (that probably he cooked) because your mom fractured her left arm a few days ago...

... and your mom was eating them without any complaints.

Leaning against the door frame, you admired them, their bond, their limitless love and care for each other.

How you used to wish all this with him!

But he turned out to be a devil, disguised as human!

You wanted to capture this view in your eyes and paint it on your mind screen forever. The lovey dovey couple was still unaware of your presence.

" So delicious!..." your mother complimented as if they were the best pancakes she ever had. A chuckle left your mouth upon hearing your mom's fake appreciation.

It was now the couple noticed you. Seeing their daughter smiling genuinely after so long, a curve tugged upwards on their lips as well yet their eyes glistened.

How long they have craved to get a glimpse of your smile which vanished months ago due to that monster!

" Morning! My lovebirds," you greeted, more like teasing while approaching them. " Morning sweetheart," your mother reciprocated back while softly pecking your forehead while your father caressed your hair.

" C'mon, take a seat my princess and taste these mouthwatering pancakes made by a world class chef," your father enunciated dramatically while pointing at himself.

You giggled at his words and joined them for breakfast. Stealing glances at them while enjoying the unappetizing pancakes, you felt more than blessed.

Despite the fact, you left them for him, they never abandoned you...

... rather they always stayed by your side and are still there. You can never thank God enough for blessing you with such parents.

After finishing the tempting breakfast indolently, you grabbed your tote bag. Bidding a cheerful farewell to your parents, you left for work...

... or your only therapy to distract and heal yourself. It has just been a week since you started working.

.
.
.

At Lim corporations, an interior designing company

Entering the highrise which was located smack dab in the heart of Daegu, the receptionist wished you with a smile and handed you some documents for signing. Collecting them, you mumbled a small thank you.

Exchanging greetings with your co-workers on your way to your office, you stood in front of a glass door with a name plate which displayed -

Miss. Lee Yn
Head
Finance department

Making your way inside, you scrolled through your schedule and began the day's work.

.
.
.

01:35 pm

Hearing a knock on your door, you permitted the person to come inside. It was Mina, your assistant.

" Mam, it's lunch time," she dulcetly reminded you. Giving her a quick glance, you averted your orbs back to your laptop screen and spoke, " I will join you in the canteen in a few minutes."