04 : Harsh words

" Words cut deeper than knives

A knife can be pulled out but words are embedded deep into our souls."

.
.
.

Did I hear right?

-----

Writer's pov

"Mom… h-how… wh—" your orbs glistened with hot liquid, the feeling of being wronged eating you up.

" Yn, please listen to me, sweetheart. Their family approached us first and given the proposal, we couldn't deny it... I ain't forcing you but... just meet them, please!... " Her tone was gentle but her words...

... her words scathed you. They sounded blurred to your ears.

You gulped. A familiar fear flaring up in your guts, churning them.

No… you were not ready to go into that hole again!

" Omma, I… cannot—" the ringing sound of the bell cuts you off. "I guess they are here," your mom sprinted to receive the guests who came as your worst nightmare. The hot liquid occupying the corner of your globes was ready to spill out any minute.

You cannot face them!

.
.
.

15 minutes passed

" Yn… sweetheart… " your mom's voice resonated in your ears from the living. Composing your distraught self, you took in deep breaths to regain your sanity.

Just deny it - the final decision you took.

.
.
.

The creaking of the door from where you stepped out, unwantedly grabbed attention. You dropped your eyes at your feet, feeling jittery after having all eyes centred to your figure.

The dead silence of a minute or two seemed like an indication of a catastrophic storm.

An abrupt foot stomp made you raise your head and gaze at the person who caused the loud sound.

No!

It can't happen!

The manly figure you could never expect was standing right in front of you with a furious countenance. His globes which turned a shade darker bore right into yours. The clenching and unclenching of his sharp jaw accentuated the tense atmosphere.

" I will never marry her!..." he growled. His straightaway declaration caught everyone by surprise.

" But Taehy—" an elderly lady having a crooked posture, settled beside him, made a futile attempt to calm his burning rage but his conceit was quick enough to interrupt, "Aunt, how could you choose her! Do you even know what kind of a young woman she is!..." the furious man huffed while looking daggers at you.