20 : Intimate

If I show you my bruised body and narrate stories of my broken soul, would you still look at me like I'm your entire world and love me? [her]

Even if you showed me worse or told me about your darkest secrets, I'm gonna love each of them… because I love the whole of you, broken or mended, doesn't matter! [him]

Trigger warning:

This chapter includes conversations about domestic violence and abuse. Do not read ahead, if uncomfortable!

His lips, moving on my cheek's surface, and his virile voice caused my pumping organ to rip out of my chest.

My chest heavily sabotaged against his rock hard shapes, earning a low and deep growl from his throat. His soft pink lips climbed to my eyelids, pressing a chaste peck on both, further driving to the shell of my ear.

" We aren't dropping the conversation today, princess…" he rasped, intertwining his fingers with mine.

Next thing I knew was my body floating in the air, one warm hand under my thighs and the other puddled round my shoulders. My shameless gaze was busy ogling his bare chest and the silver chain dangling on his natural tanned skin.

All thanks to the unbuttoned buttons of his shirt!

The feeling of being seated on his hefty femurs as I was on his lap, hiked my adrenaline rush. His magisterial stare left me all vulnerable like poor prey.

His deep stare demanded an answer. " Taehyung… he… Jay... is my ex hus—band…."

" Shhh…" he halted my stuttering and slipped his hand under my silk top, throwing my soul out of my body. The gentle strokes of his electric fingers on my bare skin made me curl my toes and shift in his lap.

" First of all calm down sweetheart," he voiced out.

How does he expects me to be calm after all the treacherous torture he is making my body go through!

Inhaling a deep breath and making sure my heart is beating at its normal pace, I prepared myself to finally unravel my humiliating dark past.

" Jay... he... we were… hap—pily married," a sob broke out of my mouth and his embrace around me tightened. Those appalling reminiscences of the past gripped my throat, suffocating me pathetically.

But the tender kneading on the nape of my neck and the homely warmth of his hand on my back eased all the growing fright.

He's my strength, my protector!

" Everything between us was going fine until one day when… he raised his hand on me just… just because I came late from work and… he blamed me as a cheater," my face twisted at those gruesome allegations.

" I swear, Tae I never cheated on him… I—I..." Involuntarily, I was explaining myself as I lost control over my words, the panic and pain overpowering me again.

" Sweetheart…" he tenderly cooed near my nape, raising goosebumps on my sensitive skin, " I know you well. You can't ever even hurt anyone. Cheating? It's totally out of the question. You should know that you're an insanely wonderful and treasurable woman... My woman,"  saying these lovable words, he fondled the crook of my neck with soft pink lips, shuddering my whole insides.

This man pays no concern for my sanity.

" And yes! You don't ever have to explain yourself to me! Never!" His words full of assurance made my heart swell out of joy and relief.