10 : The Truth

Yn's pov

The couple of baked faces weren't acquainted with my orbs. I tilted my head to glance at the male by my side, only to discover his clenching jaw, flaring nostrils and whitening knuckles.

Sauntering my gaze to his darkened globes, I perceived wrath in those chocolate marbles alongside an emotion I couldn't decipher.

Vulnerability?

" So, Jennifer's pet, now, has a side chick…" the smugly lineaments side-eyed me, "... to lure his lovesick self?"

" Mind your dirty tongue, Rhea!..." the furious man growled. " The person you're talking about is my fiance and soon-to-be wife," he declared haughtily.

The way he claims me in front of this world makes me feel cherished, the emotion I haven't felt since long.

But Jennifer, I had definitely heard the name a few days ago. Pressing my mind to recall the reminiscence yielded no results. I was brought back to reality when one of the feminine intruder alongside Rhea interrupted.

" Yeah, a wife for a lover boy to help him to get his first love out of his frenzy mind…" the blonde one voiced out her ridiculous assumption.

Now, it struck me...

... Jennifer is his ex girlfriend who cheated on him.

" No!..." I shooted back this time, not withstanding her immature demeanor, "... I'm his significant other not to get some disloyal person out of his heart because she already is!... But to cherish him, to strengthen him through all the thicks and thins, to show him what being loved feels like and… " I paused to entangle my fingers with his slender ones.

"... most importantly, to show him what having a faithful and loyal partner feels like!..." I slapped across their artificial faces with my words, knowing well about how disloyal Jennifer was.

Having nothing to snap back, the two intruders stomped their feet and walked away, rolling their eyes at us.

I kinda felt sadistic.

But the sense of pride in me subsided when a tender stroke of a finger pad was felt at the back of my hand.

Glancing at our intertwined fingers, I instantly retreated my hand back, suddenly feeling embarrassed of my reckless act. Taking a brief glimpse at the male's features, I spotted a subtle smile set upon his petals.

I am flushed.

" Let's go and finish what we came for," I scurried my steps to leave the smiling man behind.

.
.
.

" Mam, please come this way." I followed the middle aged sales woman to guide me to the fitting room to try on the bridal attire we chose.