12 : Left alone

" I'm nothing without you. I hope you can know that. With you by my side, I can fight against the whole world and still stand victorious. But without you, I can never win even if I had no one against me."

Yn's pov

The sunbeams dancing on my face persuaded me to surrender my sleep and pep up for the day. I stretched my tightened muscles, popping a few here and there.

Straightening my spine, I caught the glimpse of the man, sleeping like a child, on the little couch. It must be super uncomfo-

Wait!

Wasn't I the one who slept there last night?

Then how come I landed here?

Did he?

Lost in my thoughtless inquiry, I glanced at the clock, the time portrayed by it made me jump out of the bed.

Nine past fifteen!

We're late!

Although I hate to disturb his sleep, I need to wake him up. Tying the loosened ribbon of this rudish robe, I trod towards the napping figure. Standing at some distance, I called out his name, " Taehyung!..."

No response.

Even after reciting his name a few more times, this man didn't even nudge. I shook his shoulder to get some reaction and got one...

...but I regretted it.

" Jeongyu baby... Why are you up early in the morning?..." he mumbled in his sleep, "... come here my little one... sleep with dadda..." and before I could clear his misidentification, I knew I was topping his sturdy structure. His arm sheathed around my waist, embracing me.

" My little Gyu... when did you get so heavy?..."

He just did not called me heav-

A hard slap on his chest and he snapped open his orbs. Surprise would be an inadequate word to describe his reaction, he was flabbergasted. He instantly let go of my waist and my feet touched the ground.

He quickly sat up, his crimson cheeks burning up his entire face, he was clearly embarrassed. I silently giggled at his situation.

" I-I am s-orry..." he stuttered, his one hand rubbing the nape of his neck. " It is fine but..." I deliberately left the sentence incomplete, finding his embarrassed countenance amusing.

He sneaked a glance at my grave features, desperately waiting for an answer. " But I. ain't. that. heavy. okay?! " I emphasised each word but his retaliation was the one I never anticipated.