31

The bell of the alarm disturbed Naina's sleep. At the side, she could see Eklavya who is sleeping peacefully. It has been days, since she could see a calm, stress-free Eklavya.

A small incident can change your life.

A small decision can change your fate.

A small moment can change you forever.

With all those thoughts in Naina's mind, she was still looking at her husband. She wished the time stops at this moment and stays permanently. She hurriedly took out her iPhone and clicked a photo of sleeping Eklavya through it.

*****

"Sooraj, what are you doing here in the study room?" Reena asked as she enters the study room.

Sooraj was sitting on the chair with their family photo,which was clicked on the day when Priyank was declared as the CEO of the company. In the photo, Sooraj and Reena was in the middle, while Priya and Priyank was besides them at each side with their spouses. Eklavya and Naina were beside Rohan.

The photo was actually clicked before
the announcement. The photo had smiling faces, looking at the photographer who said "Cheese" before capturing it. It looked a perfect family picture for the first time, little did he knew it was their last.

Yes, it was the last time that they were together as a happy family, or may be a family.

But now everything is ruined.

The family is no more together.

"Sooraj" Reena said keeping her hand on his shoulder, breaking all his thoughts.

Sooraj dispersed his mindful thoughts as he heard his wife's voice. Keeping the photo on the table carefully, he turned his face towards her.

"What are you doing here, Sooraj?" Reena asked.

"You know that I had been visiting this room everyday and I'm sure you know the reason." Sooraj said and a tint of unhappiness arose on his face.

"Yes, I know that for the past two months, you are always coming here and looking at this photo regularly."
Reena said and continued further, "But what how long you are going to continue this?"

"Till this photo frame becomes reality. I want my complete and happy familty. I really miss my family, Reena." Sooraj said looking at the photo.

"This will never happen, Sooraj and about our family, it's complete and happy too, unlike the last time, the invader been in our family." Reena uttered those words with hatred.

"Eklavya isn't any invader. He is still a part of our family. Open your eyes, Reena. Our family is not complete nor it is happy. Don't be in the illusion world of yours." Sooraj asserts without loosing his eye contact with Reena.

"Eklavya is not our family and he will not enter our house nor he will be part of our family." Reena stated and again the detest in her voice was quite visible.

Sooraj was calm and didn't wanted to argue further.
"I know you will never consider Eklavya in this family. But let me hope it to be complete by watching this photo everyday."

Reena nodded in defeat, but not before raising her doubt.
"And how long are you going to continue hoping for this perfect happy family?"

Reena's voice had sarcastic tone. Sooraj breathed, before looking at her. He said after having the last eye contact, prior Reena's leave from the room.

"Till my last breath."

*****

"So what's the plan for tomorrow?" Rashi asked excitedly on the phone.