12

"How can this be possible?" Sooraj's sudden voice made Naina surprised.

Naina looked at Eklavya. He didn't say anything. His expression was blank.

"Did my halwa taste bad?'' Naina whispered, but heard by everyone.

"Oh no, Naina. The halwa is...." Sooraj was saying when Priyank interrupted, "is awesome, bhabhi."

Naina smiled, but Monali looked shocked.

Monali started tasting the halwa.

Yes, it was good, neither too sweet or too salty.

How can this be possible?

She was the one who spoiled it?

She poured the salt to make it salty.

Did any miracle happened?

How that's possible?

"Really? Dad's expression made me worried. I thought my hardwork get spoiled." Naina said excitedly.

Priyank spoke, "No bhabhi, it's tasty. If you don't believe, you can ask Eklavya bhaiya."

Naina looked at Eklavya, expecting him to say something.

Realizing Naina's gaze on him, Eklavya commented, "It's good."

"Only good?" She asked sadly, forgeting that she is surrounded by her in-laws.

Sooraj laughed at Naina's words and said, "Oh come on Eklavya, don't act  grumpy. Your wife is waiting for your compliments. Alteast say something besides good."

"I'll be more frank Naina. I can't say it's top of the world, neither I am saying it's bad. It's delicious, but...." Eklavya said and looked at Reena who was sitting opposite to him, "........ not better than mom. Her halwa is the best. If her halwa rates 10/10, then you owe 9/10."

Reena looked shocked, unexpected from Eklavya. She composed herself and start having her food, without looking at Eklavya. Sooraj smiled. Naina didn't felt bad, but realized that she made a best choice of getting married to the best guy in the world.

"Thank you for your compliment. It's means a lot." Naina said sofltly, but her last words is heard by no one except Eklavya.

Eklavya smiled at her.

"Now Naina, since you have won our heart with your food, ask for a gift. I promise I'll give anything you ask."

"Dad, I..." Naina wasn't sure if her father-in-law will give her what she asks or will it be angry.

"Do you think your father will say no to you? Ask anything dear."

"Actually dad, I also work in NGO, besides teaching in college. Our NGO is looking forward to donate some money for the cancer association. The donated money will be for the child cancer patients."

"Oh that's great. Priya told me that you also work in NGO and you're doing a great job." Sooraj appreciated her efforts.

But Eklavya looked amused. He was not aware that his wife is doing great job. He felt proud to have a such socialized person as his wife.