25

"I am overwhelmed to announce the CEO of Raichand Group of company to be Priyank Raichand."

Those words from Sooraj made everyone shocked except Reena, Priyank and Monali. Eklavya, Naina and Malhotra family looked at Sooraj in disbelief. People surrounded started whispering.

How did this happen?

Wasn't Eklavya supposed to be the CEO?

Why Priyank who isn't even capable of becoming CEO is announced to be CEO?

How can Sooraj take such decision?

Even the board members were surprised. Sooraj was the one who decided to make Eklavya under the support of all members. They were happy with the news, but now shocked at the sudden change.

How can his decision changed within 24 hours?

At the other hand, Priyank was the center of attraction. Although he was not the correct person to take the post, he was happy to be the CEO. He intentionally or unintentionally was the reason of Eklavya's failure in his dreams.

Everyone started congratulating Priyank. Eklavya was sad a bit and was happy for his brother. He dreamt to be the CEO of the company for which he shed his blood and sweat. He was not angry at his father. He was not at all jealous at his brother. He was calm at this situation and trying to tell himself that he deserve this, after all he is actually not a part of this family. Naina who was beside him holds his hand and ask, "Are you alright?" Eklavya nodded, trying to not show his disappointment.

People surrounded started gossiping.

"I thought Eklavya will become CEO." Someone said.

"Everything doesn't happen according to what we think, Mr. Gualti. The reality is that the Raichand family finally showed their true colours. They despise Eklavya of being not their blood. He is adopted after all. You may give someone your name, but the truth is blood always comes first." The other laughed.

"You are right, Mr. Shekhawat. I am feeling pity for him. Poor Eklavya, he worked so hard for the company and what he got in return? He was ditched, humiliated and disrespected at the same time. He deserves better." Another one said sadly.

"Eklavya now remain as just an employee. Mr. Sooraj Raichand shouldn't have done this to him. Although he is adopted, I have seen Eklavya, how much he respects his each relation. He can even die for them. But we can't change the destiny." The fourth one said.

Priya heard all their conversations. They were right, but not fully. She knew her father could never do such act to her brother. Others think that Eklavya is not chosen as CEO because he is adopted. Little did they know that the truth is beyond that.

Priya felt sad for everything that happened to Eklavya. She noticed her mother. Reena wasn't seemed to be surprised. Priya realized that its Reena who was behind this. How can she hate someone to that extent that she is ready to snatch his rights?

At the other Monali was on cloud nine. Why shouldnt she? Finally she achieved for what she has planned for.

Monali saw her mother-in-law was about to pass by her room. She partially kept the door open and sat on bed, facing her back towards the door. She fakely started weeping. While passing by, when Reena heard her sobs, she moved towards the room. She saw Monali crying.

'What happened to her?', Reena thought.

"Monali, why are you crying?" Monali asked in a stern tone.

Monali whose face couldn't be seen to Reena smirked. She started to crying louder. She stood up and turned to face Reena. Monali wiped her tears and said, "Nothing Mom, everything is alright."

"It doesn't look to be alright, Monali." Reena said and Monali bowed her head down.

"Will you tell me, what's wrong?" Reena shouted and Monali trembled in fear.

"Mom, I was just.. worried for my child."

"Your child?"

"Mom, soon this child will come in this world and he will find himself or herself to be slave of someone."

"What are you saying, Monali?" Reena who was confused asked in irritated tone.

"Mom, Eklavya bhaiya will be the upcoming CEO of the company. I don't have problem being him to be the CEO if he was your biological son, but since he is not, I am scared for Priyank. Although he deserves to be CEO being your son, he will have to work under Eklavya bhaiya as just an employee. And then again the same trend will be followed; my child has to be like slave under Eklavya bhaiya's child. I am scared Mom. I don't want my child to suffer. He or she deserves to gain more." Monali sat on bed and started to cry loudly.

Reena came forward and Monali took opportunity and grabbed Reena's hand.

She looked her mother-in-law who was in deep thoughts. 'My acting worked.', Monali thought and smirked in mind.

Reena looked at her daughter-in-law who was pretending to be in pain.

"Mom, can't you do anything for your son?"

Reena didn't say anything.

"Eklavya bhaiya shouldn't be the CEO." Monali hinted.

Reena tightly holds Monali's hand and says, "Dont worry, Monali. I won't let anyone to do injustice to my son. Eklavya will not become the CEO. Only my Priyank has right to be the CEO and I'll make sure that he be the one."

***************************

For those of you, who were wandering why Sooraj suddenly changed his decision, I hope you got your answer.

COMMENT on the current scenario, but before that VOTE this chapter quickly.

How do you feel of Eklavya being not the CEO?
What can you predict about the two masterminds?

What do you think the next step of my chapter should be?
What would you like to read further?
Are you at least excited to read?

And my last question,
Did you SHARE my story?
If yes, I'll update soon.
If no, please do the honour.