9

Naina was brought to a room by a group of girls. She glanced at the room. The room was large and neatly maintained. The bed was decorated with roses. In the right corner of the room was the cupboard. At the left lied the window through which moon can be clearly seen. Naina never entered Eklavya's room, although she knows where it was.

''We're leaving, bhabhi. Enjoy your suhagarat (first night).'' One of them said, while the rest giggled.
Naina blushed at the comment and soon girls went closing the door.

Naina moved forward to see the room. Unlike, the old Bollywood movies where they show newlybride sitting on the bed, closing her face with a veil, Naina moved towards the window to see the moon. She always loved to see the moon at night. The sight of moon gives her an inner piece. She heard the knocking sound of door and when she turned around, she saw Eklavya standing near the door. He locked the door and moved slowly towards Naina. Naina on the other hand adjusted her veil and closed the window.

The environment was silent. Both of them moved and stood standing opposite to each other. None of them spoke, until both them said in unison the same 'Aah....' word. Both of them wanted to initiate talk, but none of them utter a single word.

''Naina.....'' Eklavya called her name. 'Finally our conversation starts', Naina thought in her mind. She looked up in his eyes, expecting him to talk more apart her name. Eklavya looked left and right, but not at her. He need to speak anyhow. He can't keep her in dark.

Meanwhile, Naina was curious what Eklavya will speak. They never talk with each, not even greeted each other.

''Naina, don't expect anything from this marriage. I still love Lavanya.''

Those words from Eklavya's mouth were like knife that stabbed her heart. She felt that the floor under her feet swept away. She knew that should not expect anything from Eklavya. But she was unaware that Eklavya still loves Lavanya. She heard about Lavanya from Priya. Lavanya was the girl whom Eklavya loved and wanted to marry, but the girl left him at the wedding atler. It was five years back and Naina thought that he moved on. The truth is always bitter and sometimes it can destroy someone's life too. This was unexpected from Eklavya. She felt that she had been kept under dark. But the next words made her more shocked.

''But I promise you that I'll try to be good husband. My past will never affect our future. I promise you that I'll be with you in every step of your life. I may not love you, but you will be first priority.''

Even though Eklavya still loving Lavanya was unexpected reality for Naina. She never expected to say all those words. After being silence, Eklavya thought Naina is angry and was about to move out of room to clear his mind. But the silent Naina spoke after a while,''Since we can't be like a normal couple, we should atleast give a name to our relation.''

Eklavya didn't understand what exactly Naina said, hence to clear his confusion, she further added,''I mean, can we atleast be friends?'' Naina offered her hand for a handshake.

Eklavya couldn't decline and hence forwarded his hand and said, "Friends".

''You must be tired. You freshen up and change your attire. I am sure the jewelleries on you and the heavy lehenga you are wearing are too much handle.'' Eklavya suggested and Naina nodded. Naina went to the dressing table and removed all her jewellery and soon went to washroom.

As she entered the washroom, she looked at herself in the mirror. She somehow controlled her tears outside and finally she broke down. She touched the vermilion and then to her mangalsutra. She felt relieved that she finally took a slow step towards her relation. Naina believed that root of every relationship rely on friendship. She had faith that this friendship will definitely take their relationship to next level. It will take time, but she's ready to wait as long as she succeed in the end and she is confident enough that she'll succeed, one day.

Naina changed her clothes into night wear and came out of washroom. She saw Eklavya arranging the pillow on couch. She felt little disappointed. Realizing her presence Eklavya spoke, "You sleep on bed, I'll take this couch."

"No, it's your room. You should sleep on bed, I'll sleep on couch." Naina said.

"Of course not, you won't be comfortable on this couch. And what do you mean by my room. It's our room now." He replied with a smile.

Naina felt happy that although her relation with Eklavya is not like normal couple, but he is trying his best to work on it.

"Where are you lost?" Eklavya asked Naina who was lost in thought.

"Nothing. I was thinking since you said it's our room, that means this bed is also ours. Hence we both can share the bed." Eklavya stunned with Naina's words.

'Did I said anything wrong that I shouldn't have said', Naina thought.

Looking at Eklavya who didn't uttered anything, Naina explained, "I mean we both are mature. We both can sleep on the same bed. If you want, we can keep pillow in between."

Eklavya smiled and said,"Okay, if that is what you want we can share the bed." And he took the pillow from the couch and placed it on the bed. He sat on bed and said,"I am sleeping and you also sleep." He laid down. Naina sat on bed and place pillow in the middle.

"You don't have to keep pillow in between." Eklavya spoke and moved the pillow at its original place.

"You said we are mature, so that means we can trust each other. I promise I won't even touch you."
Eklavya laughed and cleared Naina's confusion. Naina smiled and nodded. She laid down on bed and turned to the other side, not wanted to face Eklavya.

'Tonight is going to be long night.', she thought and closed her eyes.

*****************************

How was today's update?
Although Eklavya and Naina aren't like a normal couple, they are at least friends. Don't you think being friends is the best move in any relationship?

If you like the chapter, please don't forget to VOTE.
If not, I'll be waiting for your suggestions for my improvements through COMMENTS.

And also I would like to know what are you expectations from the future updates, so COMMENT and let me know.

I can find only few constant readers for my book. I would be glad if number increases. Hence, I would appreciate if you SHARE my book.