15

"Eklavya" A girl screamed and everyone turned their faces towards her, including Eklavya.

"Silence please. It's a library." The librarian glared.

"Sorry" Lavanya whispered and ran towards Eklavya. She sat besides him, who was busy with his books.

"How much are you going to study?" Lavanya said loudly.

"Shh" Eklavya placed his finger on mouth and signalled.

"It's already passed 4. You told we will go for movie after college." She added.

"I said we will go for 5.00 show. There is still time. Let me complete my notes." Eklavya said.

"Okay Lavya. Do your work fast. How much you'll study? You will still remain the topper, nobody will steal you rank." Lavanya said and giggled.

"Silence please." The librarian commanded.

*****

After 15 minutes, Eklavya was done with his work. All this while, Lavanya was only staring at her prince. She was happy to be his girlfriend. She still remembers the day when Eklavya asked her to be his girlfriend. Oh that was the happiest day of her life. She met Eklavya through her friend Shivani, who was Kabir's girlfriend.

The four used to hang together. Going to clubs, watching movies, attending parties, having lunch dates, visiting CCD or Dominos Pizza were their routine twice or thrice in a week. During exams, they always opt for group study. Eklavya being topper was a great help.

"Let's go." Eklavya said and closed his books. He looked at Lavanya who was staring at him. He pinched slowly to Lavanya's arm.

"Ouch!!" Lavanya cried rubbing her arm. She started hitting Eklavya on his shoulder.

"Stop it Lavanya, I was trying to get you back from your dreamland." Eklavya said laughing, trying to prevent from her hitting.

"Now let's go." Lavanya stood from her seat and started pulling Eklavya.

"Yes, I am coming." Eklavya stood and they start moving out of the library, while Lavanya was holding his arm.

"Why didn't Kabir and Shivani not be coming?" Lavanya asked.

"I asked them, but Shivani's grandma isn't well, so Shivani won't be coming and Kabir went to drop her home." Eklavya said. Lavanya started laughing.

"What?" Eklavya asked confused.

Lavanya controlled her laugh and said, "Shivani's grandma passed away four years back." Eklavya's eyes widened.

"Did they fooled me?" Eklavya asked and Lavanya nodded.

"I am not going to leave Kabir. How dare did he fooled me? I'll kill him." Eklavya said.

"My dear innocent boyfriend, you can be fooled by anyone. You trust people so easily." Lavanya said.

"You should trust your own people Lavanya, but that doesn't mean those people should misuse someone's trust."

"I know what you mean, but trusting someone blindly is also not good."

"Kabir is my best friend, Lavanya and I can trust him blindly. I don't understand, why did Kabir lied to me?"

"I guess, Kabir and Shivani didn't want to come with us and wanted to spend time together privately or...."

"Or?" Eklavya asked leaving Lavanya's hand.

"Or may be they want to give us some privacy." Lavanya said coming closer to Eklavya and keeping her hands around his neck.

Eklavya looked at his surrounding. They were outside the college, in the parking area. He slowly released her hands from his neck and whispered in her ears, "Let's go."

It was hilarious moment, Lavanya's face was worth seeing. The way he came closer, she thought he's going to do something mischievous. Eklavya chuckled, looking at her disheartened face.

"Let's go." Lavanya shouted and sat in the car.

'My angry bird is back.' Eklavya thought and started the engine.

*****

"The movie was so boring." Lavanya said while coming out of theatre.

"Why? It was good, a worth watching movie." Eklavya said.

"Really? The ending was not happy ending. The actress died, leaving the actor alone."

"Who said the actor left alone? He was left with her love, her memories."

"We can't spend our entire life with love or memories of person who is no more."

"If love is true, deep and intense, the memories with that person even only for few years is enough to live the remaining life."

"Eklavya, I seriously don't understand such kind of love. You can't sacrifice you entire life for love." Lavanya said throwing her hands in air.

"But sacrifice is the second name of love. You tend to sacrifice something, when you're in love."

"I don't believe in such love. Love can never forces to sacrifice."

"Of course, it doesn't forces you to sacrifice. But if there is no sacrifice, there is no love. It may not be a very big sacrifice, it can be little like some people sacrifices their routine, their lifestyle, may be habits for love. Some people sacrifice their passion. Love never forces you to sacrifice, but if you're in love, you are willing to sacrifice things for your loved one. That's how love is, Lavanya."

"I will never sacrifice things I like for love." Lavanya said in a stern voice.

"Okay. Don't sacrifice anything for love. As I told you, love never forces you to sacrifice. It's your decision in the end, whether to sacrifice or not." Eklavya said holding her hands.

"I know Eklavya that you will never force me to sacrifice anything I like." Lavanya said hugging him.

"I promise you that I will never make you to sacrifice something over me. But what if circumstances, make you to sacrifice? What if you have to sacrifice something in life? What will you choose? Will you choose your likes over me?" Eklavya asked loosing their hug.

"I don't know. You are the most important part of my life. It's only on circumstances, what I'll choose. But you know right, I will never choose something over you." Lavanya smiled and Eklavya thought how fortunate he is to have her.
Little did he knew that the one whom he loved so much will choose her career over him in future.

*****************************

How was the flashback?
I thought of giving a short glance of the past.
If you like, don't forget to VOTE.
Do you want more flashbacks?

What do you think about love or sacrifice?
Do you believe that when there is love, there is sacrifice?
You can COMMENT your approval or disapproval.
I wrote what I felt, so no rude comments please.

You can also share your opinions or suggestions for this or upcoming chapters. I'll be waiting.

Lastly, I prefer you to SHARE my book.