7

Today is the engagement cermony. All are excited except Naina and Eklavya. Naina is neither happy nor sad, but she is confused. Confused whether it's her right decision or she will regret agreeing with the marriage.

She isn't expecting anything from this marriage, except the three things; undestanding, trust and loyality.

She believes that the partner should understand each other and that's how the relationship works. If you don't understand your partner and never tried to understand him/her, misunderstanding occurs leading to fights.

Most of the people think that love is important in any relation. Of course, it is, but trust is important beyond love. There are so many couple that love each other, but how many of them have trust for others? Trust is the root of love.

When it comes to arrange marriage, you can't expect your partner to love you, but the only thing expected is loyality.

In her marriage, she isn't expecting love from Eklavya. Although she believes in fairytales, she never believed in love at first sight. She knew that she doesn't love Eklavya neither does he. But she can at least expect these three things from him, besides love. She admits the fact that love makes the bond in relationship stronger. She had seen her parent's relation. Although it was arranged, they falled for each other after marriage. She had hope that as she is going to spend the rest of her life with Eklavya, one day both of them will fall for each other.

On the other hand, Eklavya had same condition like Naina. He was neither happy nor sad for himself, but he was very happy that his little sister is getting engaged today. He still remembers the day when she told that she's in relationship her friend's brother. Priya wanted to introduce Rohan to Eklavya first, before her family. She thought if her brother liked her choice, he would able support and also helped her in convincing the family. As expected, Ekalavya accepted Rohan and that's how with his support, Priya told her entire family about her relation. Although it was shocking for all, but knowing about Rohan and his family's background, they all agreed for her relationship in the end.

Looking at the current scenario of his engagement, Eklavya remembers how he proposed Lavanya, his ex-girlfriend.

Lavanya got a call from Kabir, Eklavya's best friend. The phone slipped from Lavanya's hand after what she heard. Kabir informed her that Eklavya is in danger and told her to visit the place, where Eklavya is currently in. Lavanya rushed towards that place. When she reached, she found the place to be dark.

"Eklavya" She called, but no response.

"Eklavya" She called, again no response.

"Ekl....." The light switched on.

The place was decorated with orchids, Lavanya's favourite. Everywhere the red ballons were shattered on floor. She was shocked to see Eklavya safe and fine in front of her. Lavanya ran and hugged Eklavya.

"Are you okay?" Lavanya asked.

"Yes, darling. I am alright." Eklavya said.

"I got call from Kabir and..."

"Relax, I am fine. See..." Eklavya said raising his arms and spinned around himself to show her that he is absolutely fine.

"Then....the call?" Lavanya asked and then realized that she was been pranked.

Eklavya kneeled down and holds Lavanya's right hand.
"Lavanya, the day I saw you, I falled in love with you. You made my life blissful, when you became my girlfriend. You made me the happiest person in the world. I love you and I want to spend my each day till my breath with you. I want to be with you throughout your life as your friend, partner, soulmate and your better half. Will you be mine forever? Will you marry me?"
Eklavya then removed a ring from his pocket and expected her to answer.

Lavanya covered her mouth with other hand in shock. She couldn't say anything in happiness.

"Say something." Eklavya pleaded.

"Yes." Lavanya answered.

"What?" Eklavya laughed and asked.

"Yes dumbo, It's a Yes. I am ready to marry you." And Eklavya slided the ring in Lavanya's finger. He got up and hugged her.

"I am so happy, Lavanya."

"Me too." Lavanya said giggling.

Moving back to the engagement cermony; friends, relatives and even the media were gathered to see the beautiful event. The cermony started. First, Naina and Eklavya exchanged rings followed by Priya and Rohan. While sliding the ring to Naina's finger, Eklavya noticed Naina for the first time. It was the first time that Eklavya and Naina looked at each other, in each other's eye. Eklavya can see the innocence in Naina's eyes.

After Lavanya's depature, Eklavya never took any interest in girls. Although his friend Kabir tried his best to fix his date with one of his second cousin, for which he failed miserly. Because Eklavya always loved Lavanya, despite knowing all her deeds. His love for her was deep more than sea. There was a time when he couldn't imagine his life without Lavanya. But look at the situation today, he is getting engaged to Naina. He may not love her but he will give her everything that she deserves, except love. He promised himself that he will do everything to keep her happy and safe. He will stand by her in each step of his life.

After the engagement, relatives came to greet the couples. The cermony ended well.

"Did you saw Priya, your brother was lost today, staring at your best friend." Kabir teased.

Priya who was close by Eklavya spoke, "Kabir bhai, our Naina bhabhi is so beautiful that anyone will fall in love with her beauty. Right bhaiya?"

"What are you saying, Priya? Have some shame. Can't you see we're in front of so many people." Eklavya said nervously, looking at the surrounding. The trio were together, while Naina was chatting with Rashi. Rohan was talking with his father.

"Oh stop it bhaiya. You are getting married to Naina. It's not a crime to look at your soon-to-be wife."

"Eklavya, don't act now. We all know that you were totally lost during the entire ring cermony."

"No, I wasn't." Eklavya said not looking at them.

"Yes, you were." Both said in unison.

"Eklavya, didn't you at least talk to her?"

Eklavya shook her head.

"Bhaiya, did you even ask her contact number?"

Eklavya again shook her head and Priya slapped her head.

"Bhaiya, then what are you doing here?" Priya said in irriated tone.

With Priya and Kabir's constant teasing, Eklavya asked Naina's contact number. The first time in his entire life, Eklavya Raichand was nervous to ask number to a girl. But when he asked, Naina gave her without hesitation. Although she wanted to extend their conservation, the quick 'bye' reply from him after taking her number, made her upset. She didn't expected that he will even ask her number, but since he did, she smiled and thought that there is at least hope in their relationship, even though it is 0.1%.

****************************

What do you think, will Eklavya and Naina be good pair?

Will they ever fall for each other?

How you like the flashback memory of Eklavya proposal to Lavanya?
I hope you realise, how romantic our protagonist was, who now changed into a boring personality.

Vote
Comment
Share