Part 1

"Now Naruto, introduce yourself," Kakshi speaks.

The sun beams down its hot rays. Naruto sat under them with everyone's attention on him. He was already sweating, Sakura to his left and Sakai to his right. 

"My name's Naruto N. Uzumaki. I love Ramen, Iruka-sensei, and my home! I don't really hate much...maybe the long minutes it takes to make ramen or when I stub my toe nearly every morning.

My dreams for the future?" 

It's wild that he struggled to answer such a simple question. Naruto Uzumaki's destined to be the Kage of the village hidden under the tree's leaves. Forever shadowed by the forest canopy. 

Destined to follow behind Hirzen Sarutobi and lead this village as its God of Shinobi. 

"Yep, what do you want to do, be, or achieve in your life." Further emphasizing, Kakashi beckons the boy to continue.

To be Hokage!

"I don't know...I don't really want to be anything when I grow up." 

This brings silence, quieting them with his answer. This wasn't the Naruto preaching his dream, "I'll be Hokage!" He'd yell this to the village every night, saying it enough it may actually come true.

"To be Hokage...that's your dream." That is what she was told hours prior to Kakashi walking in. Sakura and Naruto were talking and she overheard him. 

"To be Hokage, why would that be my dream?" Surely, the absurdity of that question wasn't just heard by the female Uchiha heir. This was the sunshine of this new generation, no one she'll ever meet will hold a candle to Naruto's optimistic ideals.

Naivety, he was disgustingly naive.

"You don't want to be Hokage, why?" She needed to know, she was planning on killing her brother. Her reasons are transparent to those that understand her situation.

To those that understand her pain, losing family sucks.

...

But, Naruto couldn't ever understand her pain. He never had anything to lose, nothing to drop, nothing to break, nothing to hold, or nothing to cry now that it left him.

She'll never know what it means to have nothing. She's the famous Uchiha princess, heir to the remnants of a dead clan. Shells Konoha's last hope to revitalize their strongest clan only second to an already dead clan, the Senju.

"Why would I want to be Hokage in the first place? They don't deserve my hospitality, I'll be a ninja serving the Hokage, not the village." 

No one will ever understand his pain. 

...

What's his dream, what does he want to do in his life?

"So, then what is your dream?" Sakura asked the young man as he stares at his feet shaking on the concrete roof.

"I don't know what my dream is. It might change, it might stay the same. Till I find out what I want to do with my life, can I answer that question? "

Such a clear answer, but that doesn't satisfy them.

"What do you mean they don't deserve your hospitality, you serve the village and do work for its betterment. Going against that is opposite of what you were taught in the academy."

Kakashi, this is his first time hearing this. Naruto's but a boy forever stuck trying to grasp reality, not realizing that this is reality.

...