Part 17

He didn't dream, when did he ever? So long ago, a few months since the last time? Everything was spinning as he closed his eyes, he could feel his chakra morph and bubble over rapidly.

There was a loud banging on his chest.

Naruto felt his ribs rattle softly, something wanted out…and he should be free.

But Naruto wouldn't let that meteor out to crush everybody. "Okay!" A voice burst through his ear drums.

And as if he didn't fall asleep, Naruto opened his eyes and even managed to hold in his yawn.

Ibuki was shouting about some tenth question and whatnot, Naruto didn't have to answer really. You could pass the Chunin Exams on the last two tests alone.

All those did was test his skills, and an abundant amount of skills and power he held in his coils.

Why were they called Chakra coils? Why nothing else?

Surely, there had to be a better name?

Coils, in the form of a noun, they're a length of something wound or arranged in a spiral or sequence of rings.

Not how he was using them.

He was thinking more along the lines of them being used as verbs: arrange or wind (something long and flexible) in a joined sequence of concentric circles or rings.

That's more like it.

Coils, most would associate them with springs.

If Chakra was stored in his coils, does that mean he's like a spring?

Or just an analogy?

Technically speaking, he is filled with a large amount of potential energy with the Kyuubi in his gut.

Naruto's like a battery!

"Now, you have t-" He zoned out again, nothing they needed to worry about. Sakura already might've figured it out, and Sakai's too egotistical to care. For her teammates.

Speaking of Sakai, she's been acting odd. Was he being too friendly with her? They both knew that they couldn't stand each other.

And the last big interaction they had is when she broke his arm.

Yeah, everyone would agree with him, this isn't the Naruto they came to love or hate.

That Naruto's a prankster, a boy ridden and filed by the people's hate and anger. Not this boy.

What happened to the prankster?

Hinata's shoulders rubbued again his, was she going to lift her hands? Sacrifice her entire team because of her insecurities?

Surely not, not their Hinata.

She's far too sweet to think about herself. Kiba and Shino might get angry with her.

And not a second to soon, her arm slid back down touching elbows with his. Good, he'd hate for such a capable friend to think they're incapable.

Glass! It shattered along the ground, some managed to get in his hair.

"Hey freshies, meet me at the forest if death! And you, you've grown soft Ibuki!" Anko screamed at the man.

Naruto heard them stand from their bleachers, the confidence emanating from this room made his smile.

It's a pity though, them all having to be beaten. Don't take it wrong.

But only Sakai, Choji, and Shikamaru pose much of a problem.