Part 8

That night, Naruto hadn't closed his eyes. Using that time to instead further his understanding of the body flicker. Shusui's book was only so helpful when he hit a hill. Under the moon, he'd dance and chuckle daffodils in its white light.

The entire night he just dedicated himself. 

The more clones collecting Chakra wasn't a gain. He used more Chakra summoning them than what he gained. If he could decrease the number of clones while gaining the same amount of Chakra, that's growth.

Repetition and efficiency are growth. Being able to improve and measure his changes is growth.

When morning came peaking over the horizon of trees, Naruto was still in his room on his bed a notebook in hand. He remembered what he was supposed to be doing only when he looked at the book.

"Kage no Bushin no Jutsu!" Summoning two clones Naruto instructed it telling it to go around his apartment and collect the water bottles and excess canned foods he only ever eats in emergencies.

Using the other to gather his kunai, scrolls, and other ninja supplies. 

"Shadow Clones are the best." He chuckled to himself as he sealed what they brought him. At this pace, he'll be done before the other two. Maybe Kakashi-sensei will give him something special. 

Ha, yeah never mind. Ever since the mission, they didn't talk much. Even before that, he split them up instantly after getting them as a team. 

He can count the number of hours Kakashi taught him on one hand. Overnight in the training fields didn't count.

Hopefully, things will change today. 

...

Sakai woke up groggy, her back still hurting from the planks she had to sleep on. She got up, bathed, ate, and then started collecting her stuff. Being an Uchiha, and the heir at that, she was decked in extra supplies.

Every Christmas, the villagers would go out of their way to buy expensive things for her. She'd try to return them but they never accepted so she stopped.

Looking at her mother's tanto hanging at the foot of her bed gave her an idea. She should learn Kenjutsu, she's not strong or fast enough to be a good taijutsu combatant. Plus, it's an Uchiha ritual for the daughter to be given the weapon of their mother.

She knows Kakashi's good with swords when she'd find him training Itachi.

Till then, she starts sealing all her luxury goods. 

...

Sakura by far of the three was the most well-rounded in supplies. Unlike Sakai where she had mostly weapons and Naruto food. Sakura had a lot of both of them, her father made sure she was as prepared as she could be.

He used to be a ninja himself, only settling after the Kyubi attack with his wife. Eventually, when she achieves Chunin, he'll give her his flak jacket.

"Sakura, I've been waiting for this! I've already prepared your stuff. I also left you a little extra money! Now run along, you'd hate to make your Jonin sensei wait!" He called to his daughter.

This was the parent everyone would want. An active, cool, chill, fun, and smart parent. He wasn't too mean, but he wasn't afraid to set his foot down when needed.