Chapter One - Chick Flick Moment, Sammy.

Set around series 5, before Sam goes to Hell. Dean is yet to figure out who his soulmate is yet.

First couple of chapters are gonna be extremely short.

--

Dean sat down on the motel bed, looking down at the dirty brown carpet. He was still getting used to the colourful world around him after living two and a half decades with nothing but black and white.

The first time he saw them he had just got out of Hell, and hadn't even realized, he was too focused on getting back to Sam. Then halfway back it hit him, he saw the blue sky and just froze.

Dean snapped out of memory lane and looked over at Sam, who was tapping away on his laptop.

"Hey, Sammy, come sit over here a minute." Dean motioned to the bed opposite him.

Sam raised an eyebrow and nodded, closing his laptop and standing up before sitting down opposite Dean.

"What's going on?" He questioned as he sat down.

"I just wanna talk." Dean mumbled, running a hand through his hair.

"What is this, Dean? You never want to talk."

"It's a chick flick moment, Sammy."

"It's a what? I thought you avoided them at all cost?" Sam smirked.

"Shut up, anyway, it's about Jess."

Dean noticed Sam tense at the mention of her name and nodded slowly.

"What about her?"

"When she died, did you stop seeing the colours immediately?" Dean questioned.

Sam shook his head. "No, they faded, they took a week to disappear completely." He answered. "Why? Are you seeing colours, Dean?"

Dean shook his head. It was a complete lie of course, but he wasn't quite ready to tell Sam.

"I started seeing them again." Sam said quietly, standing up.

"What? Who is it?" Dean questioned, Sam simply shrugged.

"I have no idea." He whispered, which was, once again, a lie, this time coming from the younger Winchester, but he couldn't bring himself to tell Dean the truth.