Chapter Two - For Once, Dean, Shut Up.

Set during series 5 - Gabriel's death.

---

Sam didn't understand why he smiled when he saw Gabriel, it was the only reaction he thought to have. Even if he should hate him.

Sam cried when he saw Gabriel's body lying on the floor, wings burned around him. Even if he should hate him.

Dean had rested a hand on his shoulder, whispering 'it would be okay' and Sam had believed him, not noticing the corners of his vision turning grey.

They were sitting in a small, neglected cafe when it happened. Sam had been admiring the colour of his surroundings when suddenly, instead of the slow fade he experienced with Jessica, it was a split second change.

One minute Sam saw the blues, greens, yellows and every other colour, then nothing, just black and white and grey.

His eyes snapped to Dean, a panicked expression all over his face, worrying Dean.

"Sammy, what's wrong?" He questioned.

"The colors."

"What about them?"

"They're gone." Sam whispered, almost silently.

"Sam, it's okay." Dean whispered.

"For once, Dean, shut up." Sam whispered. "Because it's not okay."

This was the second time he gained them and the second time he lost them, and it hurt, and Dean could do nothing but watch his brother stare out the window, trying to remember where every color fitted in.

---

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I try and post more regularly.