Chapter Seven - Come Back, Please.

Days seemed to drag for Dean now, he used to be so happy, he had a world full of colour, there was never a reason for him to be sad, but now... now, being happy was completely pointless, he didn't want to be happy, not without his soulmate.

He still hunted. What else was there to do? But everything seemed to lose a purpose after Castiel died, even if he should hate him after the complete and utter betrayal, but hey, forgive and forget, right? What's the point in staying mad when they're dead?

Sam picked up on it pretty quick but he just assumed it was because Dean lost his best friend and nothing else, but Dean didn't get heartbroken, he wasn't like this when he had to leave Lisa, and now, he looked as if somebody had smashed up the impala in front of him.

"Dean, you've got to tell me what going on." Sam sighed, sitting down on an old, horrible yellow, motel bed. "You haven't been right since Cas died, and I know he was your friend, but..."

"I lost the colours." Dean said bluntly, barely looking up from the bottle in his hands.

"You... you what?" Sam demanded, looking slightly pissed, he was mad that Dean would actually keep something like that from him.

"I've seen colours for a while now... and I lost them, but they didn't fade out, they were gone in seconds, Sam, and I couldn't... I still can't accept the fact that he's dead."

"Castiel." Sam whispered.

The name alone hurt Dean more than it should, but he wouldn't admit that. He stood up and pushed all bad thoughts away, building up that wall once again. He wouldn't let himself get hurt again... no, he refused, because he'd already been hurt enough.

He stood up and walked out of the motel room without a word. Only to come back several hours later completely drunk.

Sam was surprised that there wasn't some random girl with him, like any other night, but Dean threw himself down on his bed and the part that surprised Sam was that he cried, but Sam would never admit he heard him because Dean tried too hard to stay quiet. Still, the next day he made sure Dean had a greasy breakfast to help the hang over, and even went out to buy him a lot of pie.

-

Leaving in one week, time to update as much as I can.

Coming up next Meg x Abbadon OR Jo x Charlie.

Which one do you want???