8. desire

alexa, play "dumb song", by rehab
Word Count: 1566

     the week had flown by, and it was finally already Thursday. which also meant game day. you sat in the cafeteria during morning study hall, leaned over your over-due work with one leg tucked up to your chest and resting on the chair next to you, your arm balancing to hold your head up.

       you sighed at the work as you turned up your music more. while you weren't super great friends with her, it was always nice when heidi was in this class with you just to have someone to talk to.

      you had no idea where she was though, and you did not want to go sit with the nerdy guys in the corner.

     thankfully, a familiar face pulled up the chair next to you. granted, it took a quick snap in front of your face to notice the ginger boy that you had your back slightly turned towards.

      "Oh, hey", you greeted as you pulled out our airpods. he gave you a small smile then inspected what you were working on.

     "y/n, this was due a week ago", he stated.

      "MYOB, dude", you warned as you contorted your face into an ignored expression. he put his hands up in mock defense.

       "just saying", he scoffed. "do you need help?"

      "I think I got it". he studied your paper and gave you a quick "hmm".

      "what?"

      "nothing it's just been-" he took a quick look at the clock-"15 minutes and you have 3 questions done".

      "take your smart-ass somewhere else", you joked.

       "yes ma'am". he tapped his hands on the desk before standing up.

       "wait, no", you whined. he gave you a thats what I thought look before sitting down again.

       "just stay on task", he warned.

♡♡♡

       you were now walking with him to gym, which pretty much your entire friend group was in which was awesome for you.

       "she's such a bitch!" wendy complained as you both met up inside the gym.

       "the chick with the college boyfriend?" you questioned.

        "yes!" she exclaimed. "it's fucking weird and she thinks she's better than everyone because of it. like, no, it literally just makes you look bad and your boyfriend look like a pedophile"

       "which he is", you added.

       "and he goes to community college like a lite bitch and she acts like he's the shit", heidi spat from next to wendy.

        "nothing wrong with community college until you're walking around school with your boyfriend's 50 cent hoodie that has the logo embroidered on it, making sure everyone knows your 19 year old boyfriend likes 16 year old girls". Kyle looked down at you from where he stood very out of place next to you, trying to unwind the whole story.

      "but then she has the nerve to bring up shit about me like she's not weird, like omg I can't stand her!" wendy continued to ramble about her while you waited for gym to start.

      thankfully, it was a free day, so you met up with your friends and just wandered.

       kenny, cartman and stan threw a football around while kyle played basketball with tolkien, again, clyde and another guy you didn't recognize while Jimmy refereed.