Chapter Fourteen- *Cry For Help*

This chapter is a bit longer...

NOAH BLAKE

The bruises have mostly faded from my arms and face. There are a couple of small ones on my neck, but I can pass them off as hickeys.

The tenderness around my arms is gone except when there is direct pressure on the spot where it is bruised. The lotion Avery gave me does an amazing job, he should give me more of it.

The black swimsuit hangs tightly on my body. The shorts and loose shirt drape over me when I put them on.

Today is the party at the infamous waterfall, Coden sure knows how to piss me off. Avery does too, he insisted that I go there with Maddie and meet him there.

He was the one who invited me, why couldn't he just bring me? Acting all sweet to me and apologizing for hurting me and now he wants me to meet him there.

Before Maddie comes to get me, my dad asked me to help Zach with some stuff. Zach wants a new skateboard to use on the patched paths, his broke last year.

I grab a bag and put some stuff in there. Leading the way out of my room, I get outside to see Zach waiting for me.

"What took you so long?" His eyes roll back when he sees me.

I smile, "getting pretty takes a while, Zach."

He coughs, "Sure."

This time, I roll my eyes, "I am trying to help you."

"The wheel won't screw on all of the way," I take it from his hands.

It looks to me as if it was smashed in and then bent outward. My fingers pull at the wheel and it doesn't budge.

"Go to the shed and find me a crowbar and a wrench," I demand.

He comes back with both of the things I asked for. Taking the crowbar, I apply pressure to the inner side of the wheel and push it outward.

The wheel frame pops out and is now open enough so I can squeeze the wheel back into place. Zach looks at me like I am crazy.

I pull the frame back around the wheel and bend it back in. The wheel shapes upward and I curve the frame back into the right place.

"That was all it took?" He looks at me in disbelief.

"I guess," I hand it to him, "you should put grease on the wheel before you use it though."

Maddie comes along a few feet away with her brother and Ana behind her, she looks impressed. Dangling her fingers in front of her face, she waves to me.

Zach looks at where I am looking and rolls his eyes, "I don't think it is fair Dad is letting you go."

"Well, you are grounded."

In a bad mood again, he storms off.

"What's his problem?" Maddie asks me.

Shrugging, "he's grounded and can't go anywhere."

"I thought you were going to meet us there?" I look at Coden, "that's what Maddie said."

Maddie looks between us and back to me, "he wanted to walk with us."

Grabbing the backpack off of the ground, Maddie and I walk in front of them. We get to the path for the shortcut, this is where my dad and I saw Coden last time.

"How have you been?" Maddie makes me look down, "fine as yesterday."

She mutters "I feel bad for the way I treated you on Monday."