Chapter Twenty- Eight- Dinner and Evidence

NOAH BLAKE

The people in the room are buzzing for information on the long-awaited meeting st the resivor. Coden is seated next to me with one hand on my thigh and the other on the back of my hair. Some people have come by to say hello and ask some questions about the next steps, I tell them they have to wait.

Around the circle tables in the room, everyone has been seated and served some food. In my head, I have been going over easy talking points, easy information to relay on, and just pointers that I can use with the people in the room.

Most of these people had doubts about my work and ideas in the past, however, with the approval being set, they are more willing to talk about it. Coden has also helped in the department, his connections are sporting my good luck charm tonight.

Some people do some speeches on the stage and some ask questions. There are three different proposals tonight and some follow-ups, I am one of those follow ups. My head spins as time gets closer and I feel my nerves get the best of me.

I look up to see Coden looking down at me, he smiles with his tight lips. His hand on my thigh gives me a tight squeeze and he kisses the top of my head. He whispers, "You are going to do great."

My turn is next after some drinks are served. Getting out of my seat, Coden nods for me to herald to the stage. He watches me carefully and approves when I reach the podium in the middle of the stage.

I clear my throat and begin my introduction. "Hello, everyone." The chatter in the room dies down and eyes are situated on me. "Thank you all for coming and sitting with me tonight to discuss the reservoir."

"Progress has been made with the filters and the construction, but I know there has been some doubt." Coden looks around the room and his eyes connect back to mine. "After some intense research and trial runs, I have assumed there is no monster in the reservoir." Some people gasp, some whisper, and some stay silent letting my words sink in. I am betting more people know about this rumor than less. It is a legend told to children and children dream of this haunting them.

"I in fact have seen shady business along with possible facts to back this up. If you are willing to hear me out, I would like to begin." No one interjects, but I feel the room rise with tension at the evidence I may have.

"Over the last few months, I have recorded and drawn out different environments all included with the reservoir. Here are some presented." I showed them to progress maps and drawings I had done since the start. "With different storms, weather patterns, and crime throughout the last few decades, I found a pattern that works best to deny there is a monster."

Coden looks intensely at the screen behind me as some people scoff or shake their heads. "I believe that people are using the monster as a hoax to get away with crime." I look off to see some people looking away from me, "if you know what I am talking about, you know that I am right."

Behind me, the graphs show the patterns and markings that I found. "The waterfall opens up to the ocean as the reservoir goes under the waterfall and out the bottom of it. If we open up the bottom, we can use more water... However, I found there is some blockage."

"Hence why there is some trouble with adding and building the rest of the project." I see Mr.James nod in my direction and he speaks up, "The monster is a hoax one way or another, but that doesn't explain the blockage."

I nod to myself, preparing for the backlash I will receive for this. "There is a ring of murders happening right from under us and we are ignoring it." Coden tenses under my words and I feel lightheaded all of a sudden.