Chapter Eighteen- Sick

NOAH BLAKE

"Hey, hun!" My dad greets me when I walk into the kitchen, "there are some things I need your help with today."

I grab a glass of water, "what is it?"

"The James want to take another look at the reservoir by the waterfall, they are taking it into consideration." That's a surprise to me, "I thought it was off-limits. That is what Coden said to me."

He agrees, "he did say that, but his father thought it was a good idea and didn't know why Coden thought any differently."

"Anyway, he needs the floor plans and graphs we have. Could you swing by and give them to him? I have to meet the sector at the reservoir to give a more detailed description of how things will work."

It's been a few months since the waterfall accident... That is what I am going to call it, so many things happened that night.

After Avery and I talked, we took a step back from our relationship. He stopped coming around as much and I worked in school. Focusing on school was a bit difficult because I missed him so much, but I was almost done with school. Two more weeks left and I am on my way to the college life.

My dad coughs, "I haven't seen that boy around in a while, is everything okay?"

"Mm, yeah." I put the glass in the sink, "we've just been really busy."

"He is still in the same internship as Coden and I am finishing up school." I grab the proposal stuff off of the counter, "I will get this over right away."

I leave the house and walk down the to meeting hall where Mr.James awaits me. I don't know if he knows I am coming down, he might be going to the reservoir with my dad. He must be here if Dad is sending me, he is the one who wants this change to happen.

Zach is walking along the oath when I come across the road to the center street. His head is hung low and I see him kicking the rocks on the ground.

"Hey, Zach." He looks up and nods, "hey."

He walks over to me from the other side of the path, "are you going over to the meeting hall?"

"Yes, I am going to drop off some stuff for Dad. Why do you ask?" He looks around and back to me, "Coden and Avery were there fighting about you."

I give him a confused look, "about me?"

"Yeah, Avery was mad about something Coden said and Coden pushed him. He looked mad, Avery got pissed and stormed off." He explains what happened, "I was looking for mom since she had a meeting there this morning and she left when I got there about thirty minutes ago."

Zach keeps walking home and I make my way down to the meeting hall. People are coming in and out of the building, I see Mr.James walking out. I go to stop him before he leaves.

"Mr.James, I have the proposal stuff you asked for." He greets me when he gets down the stairs, "Good morning, Noah. Could you bring those to my office and have Coden take them to the contractor's office?"

It's just the person I need to see. Coden. The last time I spoke to him was when Zach got in trouble with the alcohol and had to apologize for his behavior. It was such a dick move made by Coden. Why would he give a fifteen-year-old alcohol, he is going to be in charge soon.

"Sure," he waves and walks toward the contractors getting ready to meet my dad.

I walk into the hall follow the hallway down to the stairs and go up to the office. Maddie sees me and runs over to me to meet me halfway.