Pleading

My mate, my life, thinks he's a rebound. Yeah I'll admit that I was with Erin when I found my mate and didn't break up with her until that day we went toothed club, then mated. I know it was wrong for me to still be with Erin after to found Emmett, but in my defense after I found him we didn't have sex, I didn't even kiss her. In fact I avoided her like the plague.

I see my faults, but I didn't think my Emmett would ever think he was a rebound, when he wasn't.

I know I should of broken up with Erin when I found him, but I didn't. I can't go back in time and change it, but I can change my future, and too do that, is first fix this between my mate and I.

I watch as my mate waddles away, turning to Erin and my wolves. A growl leaves my lips causing every one to fall to their knees.

"You dare piss off my mate, your Queen! Do you know what you just did? He's pregnant! His emotions aren't stable! I swear by the goddess if anything happens to my mate or babies, I will end you!"

Erin looks like she just pissed herself. "I thought what we had was special." She all but stutters out.

"Special?" I laugh. "You are nothing compared to my mate! Did you honestly think that I'll pick you over my mate? The very being picked by the goddess!"

"But Leon!" She whines annoyingly.

"You lost the right to call me Leon!" I snarl down at her. "Now to punish you."

I tap my chin thinking, as Erin pales. "Since you tried to break up the king's mate, your demoted as Luna of the Dark Shadows pack."

She nods her head, shaking. She could do nothing for the power in my voice is strong and powerful. Leaving no room for argument.

Snarling, I refrain from choking the life out of her. Needing to get away from here, and make up with my mate, I spin around, running up the stairs to the King's suit.

The air smells of tears is thick in the air, not just any tears, but those of my mate. I made him cry. I feel terrible.

Trying the doorknob, it doesn't open. Groaning, I press my ear to the door to hear the whimpers of my mate. 

"Baby?" I speak hoping he will hear and listen to me. "Please let me in!"

"No!" A soft thug hits the door. Emmett must of thrown a pillow at the door.

"Baby! Will you let me explain?" I'm not above pleading at this point. A king isn't to show weakness, they are to be strong, but how can I be strong when my strength is hurting?

"I don't what to hear or see you!" Emmett screams through the door. I'm sure that all the werewolves in the house could hear.

"Sweetheart! I would never do anything to hurt you like that!" I press my forehead against the door.

"Well you did!" A hiccup sounds from Emmett's lips.

"I'm sorry." My voice is thick.

I could break the door down, but first I want to give him a chance to open the door.

I hear movement on the other side of the door, before the lock is twisted and the door is flung open to reveal my sweet mate. His eyes are buffy and red, but other than that it doesn't look like he's been crying.

I go to take him in my arms, but he backs away, glaring at me. "You have five minutes!"

Taking a deep breathe, I look him in the eyes so he knows I'm not lying. "Yes I was with Erin when I met you, I know it was wrong of me to keep dating her when I already found you, but baby, I can't take it back. I'll prove to you that you aren't a rebound or that I'm using you for an heir."

I get down on my knees, pressing my face against his bump. "You mean so much to me, I'm sorry that I made you cry. Baby, I can't take back what I did, I have no excuse for it, but I promise you that I'll spend the rest of our life making it up to you."

Emmett is quiet for some time. Then his voice brakes the silence. "I'm not sad that you had a girlfriend. What I'm sad about is that you basically didn't want me until later, that I'm nothing but an inconvenience to you."

I can't believe I made my mate feel like that. I should have told him sooner. Now my mate feels unworthy. I have to make this right.

I stand and kiss him like my life depends on it. Hoping that he can feel the love, want, and need for him into the kiss.

I pull away, leaving his lips bruised and red. "Baby, I love you more than anything. There's nothing in this world then our babies that I love more than you. I fucked up, but I will never do it again. I'm not perfect, but for you I want to be. Love, please forgive me!"

Emmett's eyes are misty, his voice thick as he speaks. "Did you really mean that you love me?"

"More than anything." I whisper to him. "From the moment I met you."

"I love you too." I couldn't stop myself from kissing him again.

I promise to myself that I'll never hurt my mate again, and I'll never hide things from him. My mate and babies will always come first.

This is a promise I will not break and keep forever.