Few Weeks Later

The beams of the sun bares down on me, pouring puddles of sweat. After being in the woods in the woods, the hot and dry air is unbearable, but like the marine I am, I push through, about all I can do. I have duties here, the heat is but an obstacle.

The nice breeze of the Special combat vehicle riding down the road, is like a relief. Riding in the back, I enjoy the wind.

But like all good things, it must come to an end. As Monroe parks the combat vehicle, my team and I jump down.

Treading to the computer tent, I say hello to the others in the tent. They do their computer thing, the screen comes on.

The marines move out of the room as I sit down by the screen. Then the screen comes on the other side.

Leon sits in the middle with a baby on each knee. Mark is on the right and Jade on the left. The rest of the pack surrounds them.

Payton and Paige squeals and claps their tiny hands when they see me. They are big now, being more than a few months old and being an alpha King's children, they are as big as one year olds.

Paige has starting getting long black curls, and Payton a full set of hair. Gosh, I miss them and their cuteness.

They are starting to look more like Leon each time I see them. Every time I see them, I notice the small things in them.

"My love!" I could feel Leon's excitement for seeing me through the computer. "I miss you!"

"I miss you too, all of you." I grin at the screen. "How are my babies?"

"Well when we can't get them to calm down, the sight of my wolf calms them. Other than that, they miss you like crazy." Leon brings the twins closer to his body.

"I'm sorry I'm not there. I know it's hard, we just got to push through." Determination evident in my voice.

"So darling, how's it over there?" Jade ask with curiosity.

"Hot and dry. You'll think after so long being here so long that I'll get used to it, but it seems it just keeps getting hotter." I answer honestly.

"But other than the heat, I must say that it's good to be back in my element. The guys knows it's my last tour, so they are trying to make it memorable."

"Do you really miss us, you're not just saying that are you?" Leon questions. The insecurity in his voice evident.

My expression softens. "My love, I miss you more than anything. You're my life now. As much as I love being here, it's time I end this chapter of my life. I have you and the twins now, my focus needs to be on you and the twins. Plus, you can't get rid of me that easily."

Leon must of heard the honesty in my voice, for he blows out a breathe and grins handsomely.

"I can't wait for you to come home. Only been a few weeks since you left, but it seems that each day gets harder." Leon grin slowly fades.

"I'm sorry." I bite my lower lip. "I know it's hard."

"I keep having nightmares about not coming home to you." Telling them my biggest fear. "The twins forgetting me."

Leon snorts. "Please, like I'll let them forget about you. I show them your pictures every day. As for you not coming home, we all know you'll come home, even if it takes everything in you."

A large grin lines my face. "That was a hot snort."

Leon chuckles at my remark. "I'll make sure to snort more often for you."

We continue to have mini conversations about how things are, how we are, and what's been going on.

When it's time to end the the video chat, we say sad goodbyes. I noticed the tiniest of things. Like how Leon's dark circles under his eyes has disappeared, the twins not focused on me like they usually are, and the new man in the background that is glaring at me.

I wonder why? I can't really do anything about it, so I'll leave it be. I'll have to push the glaring man aside for now. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

Gosh I can't wait for the new video chat. I love seeing my family even if it's not in person. For the first time being a Marine, I get video chats. It feels good to have people that are waiting for me to come home. I don't feel so lonely anymore.

If only my tour will end sooner.